Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6

rAthena Hash: d33ea1819
Client Date:  2018-06-20eRagexeRE / mostly 2020-12-04 grf
Server Mode:  Pre-Renewal

Since this is not a bug with rAthena, but a question concerning the clients' GAT files, I'm posting this here.

Yesterday I noticed that Aqua Benedicta was not working in places where I remember it to have worked on official servers years before. At first I thought there was something broken in the server code, but rAthena itself checked out fine: Aqua Benedicta failed because the cells concerned are not marked as water (gat type 3) in the actual gat files themselves.

Ok, weird, I thought. Did they change the gat files?

So I compared the gats of the map concerned (rachel) from 2020-12-04 grf with the ones from 2012-04-14 grf (the oldest i had at hand). They do have minor changes, but nothing pertaining to gat type 3.

Then I batch parsed all gats to see which ones actually have gat type 3 at all.

For the 2012-04-14 grf there were only 3 maps with water cells:
- hu_fild05 (1 cell water)
- kh_kiehl01 (1 cell water)
- pay_arche (370 cells of water)

For the  2020-12-04 grf there was a fourth one:
- tur_d03_i (with 1 cell of water)

I checked out pay_arche and indeed, I can produce holy water with the aqua benedicta skill there.

Ok now I'm thoroughly confused. Ignoring the maps with only 1 hard to find cell of water on the whole map, I'm sure to have created holy water on several maps (for example the swimming pool in Rachel at 109/190, or along the little streams on prt_field05) back in the day, and hadn't even tried pay_arche back then.

Does anybody have any idea about what's going on here? Were official GAT files possibly changed before 2012-04-14 to contain no water cells? Does the whole water system on officials work a different way alltogether? Am I just misremembering?

Edit 1

I retried with the default map_cache.dat instead of the one created with WeeMapCache for my grf file. Interestingly, with the default one, Aqua Benedicta works at the places it's supposed to. Seems the like either WeeMapCache creates the DAT fiile in a different way then whatever produced the default GAT, or somehow different map files would have had to be used.

Edit 2

Looks like the WeeMapCache I used for creating the DAT file was the culprit. Tokei's Map Cache Editor seems to have been created to fix exactly that issue.

Edited by maraskan_user
typo fix

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10013

Yes, its known issue that probably will never get a fix or updates. WeeMapCache would generate wrong mapcache.

Use the default mapcache builder that provided by rAthena instead.

Edited by Emistry