In your opinion, what is the best way to figure out how someone is exploiting?

DR4LUC0N

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  135

So in my server, someone has been spawning items, the pickitem logs say it was an npc. How would I go about finding out what npc? 

We have gepard, so I doubt(not saying it's impossible) that it's wpe or the like. I think it's an exploit in npc script... So how do I go about figuring out what script it is? 

Thanks for any advice. 

Edited by DR4LUC0N

• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  351

Hello! You should send me a message on Skype. I will help you to add code for creating an additional log.

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  1511

6 hours ago, DR4LUC0N said:

So in my server, someone has been spawning items, the pickitem logs say it was an npc. How would I go about finding out what npc? 

We have gepard, so I doubt(not saying it's impossible) that it's wpe or the like. I think it's an exploit in npc script... So how do I go about figuring out what script it is? 

Thanks for any advice. 

it might be from any npc script. Have someone given free scripts for you ? have you go through the script ?
From my experience, some cases new servers provided a good script (which having 1~2 lines coded for themselve to exploit) by some players, exploit/corrupt GM, etc.

Most common example by whispering to npc for example npc:item or anything.

Edited by Chaos92
additonal info
  • Upvote 1

On 4/5/2021 at 9:39 PM, Functor said:

Hello! You should send me a message on Skype. I will help you to add code for creating an additional log.

Do you have Discord? I stopped using Skype a long time ago and don't remember my login info

• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  351

I almost don't use Discord. You should register Skype account and send me login in PM.

Okay, an update to this issue. I found out the exploit. When using 1 TCG card on my server it gives 100 cash points. When buying lets say 100 cash point item(should put your cash at 0) and then using TCG card it now gives you 100 net positive. So that puts you at 200 points instead of 100. Where would be the best place to look at fixing this issue? Also not sure if this is affecting other servers or not.

Found out before Gepard they were using RPE to exploit this unlimited times. But now it just doubles your cash points.

Edited by DR4LUC0N

7 hours ago, DR4LUC0N said:

Okay, an update to this issue. I found out the exploit. When using 1 TCG card on my server it gives 100 cash points. When buying lets say 100 cash point item(should put your cash at 0) and then using TCG card it now gives you 100 net positive. So that puts you at 200 points instead of 100. Where would be the best place to look at fixing this issue? Also not sure if this is affecting other servers or not.

Found out before Gepard they were using RPE to exploit this unlimited times. But now it just doubles your cash points.

i think thats because of your script checking cash are not correct. what npc or feature are you using ? I think you didnt use Cash Shop button feature, but use your own npc script to trade cashpoints item.

1 hour ago, Chaos92 said:

i think thats because of your script checking cash are not correct. what npc or feature are you using ? I think you didnt use Cash Shop button feature, but use your own npc script to trade cashpoints item.

Even though it takes 100 cash points away on buy? Maybe I didn't explain the bug properly...

So I start out with 0 cash points

Use 1 TCG card(gives me 100 cash points) 

Buy item for 100 cash points(now I'm at 0 again) 

Use TCG card again and now I'm at 200 cash points(rather then the 100 I'm supposed to be at)

Yes this is own script. But if it removes the cash points I'd assume it works right, just don't understand how they are becoming +100 net positive on cash points only after buying an item. 

Edited by DR4LUC0N

2 hours ago, DR4LUC0N said:

Even though it takes 100 cash points away on buy? Maybe I didn't explain the bug properly...

So I start out with 0 cash points

Use 1 TCG card(gives me 100 cash points) 

Buy item for 100 cash points(now I'm at 0 again) 

Use TCG card again and now I'm at 200 cash points(rather then the 100 I'm supposed to be at)

Yes this is own script. But if it removes the cash points I'd assume it works right, just don't understand how they are becoming +100 net positive on cash points only after buying an item. 

show what is your tcg script or your npc that exchange tcg script. The script might be wrong.

Problem has been solved. Thanks all for assisting in this. Accidently had NPC set to pointshop and used #cashpoints rather then a cashshop. My bad.