Release: Battleground Extended 2020 ! With Bomberman/Poring Ball

grenat50

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  69

Battleground Extended 2020 ! With Bomberman/Poring Ball

Mystic Project is about to open its last opus. For the occasion, Mystic Project has decided to make a gift to the community of rAthena and release one of its contents ! We've chosen the Battleground Extended, a memorable feature created by the eAmod and adapted for the new version of rAthena 2020.

What are Battleground Extended ?

They are an upgrade of the official Battleground made by the eAmod years ago and enhanced overtime.

Battleground guide
Name Description
Flavius Same as official. The Goal is to destroy each's crystal.
Flavius Capture The Flag The objective of the Flavius Battle CTF is to score 3 points before your enemy, by capture their Flag. To capture a Flag you need to take the enemy flag, and bring it to your base flag. If your base flag is captured too, you need to kill the flag carrier and take the flag back to your base.
Flavius Death Match Each team has a certain number, Kill all the enemy players to let their Team without points. Protect your army.
Flavius Stone Control Take the Stones in the middle of the battlefield and put in on your base, in the Stone Points. Each Stone will give points to your team. First team reach 99 points wins the game. Protect your stones from to be captured by the enemy.
Tierra Eye of Storm There are two bases, North and South which teams can capture by holding position on the Base more than the other team. Each base will give you points each 5 seconds of Domination. If your Team control both bases the amount of points increases.

To get additional points, in the middle there is a Flag spawn, capture it and put it on any of your team Bases. The first Team reach 99 points wins the match.

Tierra Bossnia Attack the enemy base and destroy each MVP Guardian. To do damage to the guardian your team must capture the Balance Flag in the middle base.

Each team have 5 guardian to be protected or killed.

Tierra Domination There are three bases, North, Center and South which teams can capture by holding position on the Base more than the other team.

Each base will give you points each 5 seconds of Domination. The first Team reach 99 points wins the match.

Krieger Von Midgard (KVM) Same as official, regular PVP.
Double Inferno There are 2 teams in the battlefield, your team and the opposite enemies.

Kill the enemy players, collect the skulls and bring them to the Sacrifice Totem to win points. You can collect your own team skulls and bring then to your Sacrifice Totem to avoid other teams to score but it won't count as points. If you get killed all your skulls will be drop to the floor, including your own skull. First Team to get 80 points wins the battle.

Conquest If you are Attacking, destroy the enemy defenses and it's Flag.

If you are Defending, protect your castle defenses and the Flag.

Rush Fight to capture the Castle and organize your team to defend it.

If you fail on the first capture, kill the defender and take it for your team.

Poring Ball It is a soccer game, a poring (the ball) will be in the middle of the field. The match lasts 5min. The team that has the most goals win the game.
Super Bomberman

The classic game specially made in Ragnarok Online. The goal is to defeat the enemies by putting bombs that will explode on them. It is a 2vs2 version of the game.

Peco Peco Racer Coming soon... Mario Kart - RO version : 

New Battleground Queue System

ScreenDivine_Ascension_RO169.jpg.d0f761f5c4a6af99b278f7661aeca40e.jpg

Battleground Commands

@joinbg will warp you only to the battleground room. (Use interface UI Battleground to join any running BG or create one)

@leavebg will warp you out of the the current battleground you're in.

@listenbg display or not the battleground explanations.

@order is only for the leader, an huge announce will be displayed to the team.

@reportafk is only for the leader, expulsing someone who is AFK.

@bginfo will display all curent running BGs + amount of players + scores for each team and remaining time of the BG

Battleground Skills

@bgskill is used by the leader. I left it there as a memory but you better use the guild interface alt + g -> guild skill tree

The leader can use the following skills:

- Emergency Recall: Warp everyone from the team to the leader.

- Battle Orders: All guild members visible on the guild leader screen will receive +5 STR, DEX, INT. (Now having a status icon on the right)

- Regeneration: All guild members visible on the guild leader screen will increase their HP and SP regen rate. (Now having a status icon on the right)

- Restore: All guild members visible on the guild leader screen will have their HP and SP restored to 90% of the respective maximum.

- Chargeshout Flag: The leader will summon a guild flag.

- Chargeshout Beating: Anyone in the guild can use this skill, it will warp to the guild flag IF you are on the same map as the flag.

- Emergency Move: All guild members visible on the guild leader screen will receive the effect of speed potion, increasing walking speed by 25%.

Kill Count

Each person killed on a battlefield will be counted in your guild information. This is like a rank.

In bg_common.txt, you will find this. If you already use OnPCKillEvent, I recommend you to remove this code and add it to yours.

//==================================================
    //= Battleground Kill Count
    //==================================================
OnPCKillEvent:
    if(bg_teamid()>=0)
        bg_kill getcharid(3);
    end;

Red / Blue Teams

Upon your arrival on the battlefield, you are going to see yourself in a clan (alt + g) and a guild (ctrl + g).

Blue Team : http://mysticprojectro.com/wiki/images/d/d1/Clan_emblem01.jpg

Red Team : http://mysticprojectro.com/wiki/images/a/a9/Clan_emblem02.jpg

Each team-mate will have this emblem by their character's name. Enemies will be displaying the opposite emblem.

Some battlefields will change your cloth dye as well for the attributed color but don't worry, you will get yours back as soon as the game is over.

You can communicate with your team through the guild chat.

When you leave the battlefield, the clan will be removed and you will be back in your actual guild.

Battleground Happy Hours

Battleground happy hours happen everyday from 4pm to 8pm during which, rewards obtained are increased by 60%. (Configurable in npc/battleground/bg_common.txt)

Battleground Rewards

Telma/Erundek NPCs from the official battleground are there to exchange Consumables / Stuff.

However, some of you rather customize the rewards. It's up to you to remove Telma/Erundek.

If you want to customize Rewards, here is a frame (located in bg_common.txt) made to buy stuff directly with badges. 

//============================================================
// = Rewards Shops
// = Create your own shop !
// = ID , Value
// = Example : 512 = Apple, 10 = Badge Quantity required
//============================================================
//bat_room,162,155,2    script    Malebolgia#1     115,{ callshop "BF_Badge1",1; end; OnInit: waitingroom "BG Exchange Shop",0,"",1; end; }
//bat_room,160,152,2    script    Hishigi     116,{ callshop "BGBadge",1; end; OnInit: waitingroom "KVM Exchange Shop",0,"",1; end; }
//bat_room,162,146,2    script    Yang Xia#1     117,{ callshop "BF_Badge2",1; end; OnInit: waitingroom "Valor Exchange Shop",0,"",1; end; }
//-    itemshop    BGBadge    -1,6376,512:10;            // KVM Badge
//-    itemshop    BF_Badge1    -1,7828,512:10;        // Bravery Badge
//-    itemshop    BF_Badge2    -1,7829,512:10;        // Valor Badge

Poring Ball

Youtube Video Demonstration : Ragnarok Online - DaRO : BattleGround Extended + - YouTube

The original Poring Ball Map was created by us 14 years ago. (On the left). At the time, we had poor experience in mapping so my apologies if you don't find it attractive. However, you can always purchase the beautiful rework done by Olrox (on the right)https://olroxgraphics.com/index.php?/store/product/107-soccer-stadium/

276976363_Screenshot2021-02-0312_07_16.png.45ba00395673e325e2847705933a33c9.png

Depending on which map you will pick, you need to configurate the Poring Ball. I assume you already have Olrox's map so by default, it is this configuration. If you want the free map that is included in this pack, you need to comment /* */ Olrox Poring Ball Map and remove the comment of Grenat Poring Ball Map (See orange sign)

//= [Main Configs]
    .speed = 120;                            // Base walking speed of the poring ball (Default: 120)
    .distance = 4;                            // Base amount of cells the ball will move when touched (Default: 4)
    .chance = 66;                            // Base percentage of chance to hit the ball (Default: 66)
    .pvp = 1;                            // PVP mode (1 = PVP on, 0 = PVP off)
    .blockage = 1;                            // Blockage mode: 'Sitting' can stop the ball (1 = Activated, 0 = Deactivated)
    .penalty = 1;                            // Penalty mode (1 = Activated, 0 = Deactivated)
    .sound_poring = 1;                        // Some rAthena version doesn't make walking sound of poring (1 = Activated, 0 = Already have sound)
    .skill_push_cells = 3;                        // Skill Push how many cells away (Default: 3)
    .skill_push_chance = 25;                    // Skill Push percentage of making targets sit for 1 sec (Default: 25)
    .skill_push_sit_time = 1;                    // Skill Push sit down duration in seconds (Default: 1)

//= [Olrox Poring Ball Map]
    setarray .ball_center,78,79;                    // Center
    setarray .map_corner,41,116,49,108;                // Corners
    setarray .map_surface,33,48,78,108,79,48,123,109;        // Map Surface
    setarray .map_goal,72,85;                    // Goal lenght
    setarray .ball_corner1,36,107;                    // Corner 1
    setarray .ball_corner2,122,108;                    // Corner 2
    setarray .respawn,24,21,130,133;
/*
    //= [Grenat Poring Ball Map]
    // db/battleground.yml Spawn Blue: 83,70. Spawn Red: 114,70    // Coordination of both team to modified
    setarray .ball_center,99,70;                    // Center
    setarray .map_corner,24,175,24,117;                // Corners
    setarray .map_goal,62,77;                    // Goal lenght
    setarray .ball_corner1,42,70;                    // Corner 1
    setarray .ball_corner2,157,70;                    // Corner 2
    MoveNPC "Healer#ball1",26,24;                    // Healer
    MoveNPC "Healer#ball2",175,119;                    // Healer
    MoveNPC "Return#ball2",30,24;                    // Return
    MoveNPC "Return#ball1",170,119;                    // Return
    MoveNPC "Poring Ball",99,70;                    // Poring Ball
    MoveNPC "Blue Goal#poring1",24,77;                // Blue Goal 1
    MoveNPC "Blue Goal#poring2",24,62;                // Blue Goal 1
    MoveNPC "Red Goal#poring3",175,77;                // Blue Goal 1
    MoveNPC "Red Goal#poring4",175,62;                // Blue Goal 1
    setarray .respawn,83,70,114,70;
*/

Bomberman

Video Demonstration Super Bomberman Ragnarok Online YouTube Video

I've read a lot of times people asking about it ! We are releasing the new Bomberman Battleground Version with 3 bomberman maps (two of them are made by us)

bomberman.png.6173f503816b7193fe480545ba421c3f.png

In bg_bomberman.txt, you will find this code. Make sure to remove it and add it to your OnPCStatCalcEvent, otherwise just leave it there. Some newer rAthena version doesn't have OnPCStatCalcEvent anymore, you may need to reinstall it.

// PCstatcalc
    OnPCStatCalcEvent:
    if(compare(strcharinfo(3),"bomber"))
        bonus bSpeedAddRate,10*countitem("Speed_UP");
    end;

Installation :

In this package, you will find :

- BattlegroundExtended.diff : You will need to apply this patch. (cmd -> cd rathena -> git apply BattlegroundExtended.diff ) It has been created in 2020 and work with the latest rAthena. (Possibly working on previous version from 2018+).

- NPC folder: I strongly recommend to delete all BG NPCs and only install the ones that are in this folder. It is compatible with the new BG Queue Systeme. Please review Poring Ball.txt to configurate your poring ball as well as bg_common for the happy hour rate.

- DB: I did put items in txt and yml files since I don't know which version you guys are using. DO NOT copy paste in your db folder. Only take what's inside each files.

- Client: Contains items/maps/texture/files/lua (for the new BG queue system)/bomberman music etc... Extract the contents inside your RO client folder.

This patch modifies a lot of files, you may need to install the diff manually depending on your rAthena version. Once installed, please recompile your map_cache with the client data installed in the directory/grf the server reads to compile it.

Configuration :

Your server might be different than ours. This is why, it is important to configurate well the system.

conf/battle/battleground.conf -> Search for battleground eAmod and configure them.

db/battleground.xml -> "Color" represents the clothes palette given upon arrival on the battlefield. The player's Palette will come back to the original one when the BG is over. If you don't want players to have different cloth color, just put 0 or do not put anything at all. In our server, Color : 6 is blue, and 22 is red. Therefore, this is our configuration. I let you configure yours.

Additional New Script Commands :

* getnpcinfo <type>{,<char_id>}
    type: NPC_X: X, NPC_Y: Y

* setporingball; (When activated, it would be like an OnClickedCell, almost ;), it calls a script for the poring ball (Or other things if you want to add things there).

* getporingballx() / getporingbally(); (Get coordination of a clicked cell)

* removeporingball; (Remove poring ball mode (Clickable cell calling a script)

* getunitdir <unit_id/account_id>; (Get direction the unit is looking)

* ispcsit <account_id> (Get information if a pc is sit or not)

* unitpush <unit_id/account_id>,<dir>,<cells>; (Push (knockback) a specific target in a specific direction)

* areaeffect( effect id, x, y);

Any Questions ?

You can contact me on Discord: Grenat#5220 for support  regarding the installation.

Support post : Release: Battleground Extended 2020 ! With Bomberman/Poring Ball - Source Releases - rAthena

Team Mystic Project.

Edited by grenat50
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 3
  • MVP 7

• Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171

Does this have a custom battleground ranking for FluxCP?

10 minutes ago, cook1e said:

Does this have a custom battleground ranking for FluxCP?

It doesn't come with a ranking for fluxCP yet but that is something we have in mind for the future.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  91

Excellent, I'll try it to see how it is. ❤️ 

@grenat50 I think there were some maps missing to be added to the map cache. ? 

but it is working in the current rathena, but I had to install it manually because the git apply diff gave me an error... 

Screenshot_1.png

f4a6dd22-7cc9-4178-9ebd-56d87653e4c6.jpg

@JinYuichi Which rAthena version are you using ? It works on the latest version. Ideally, it is better to add it manually with caution, it's a good lesson to learn as well. Thanks to let me know about the maps, I forgot to mention in the installation process that you need to recompile your map_cache with the new maps already installed in the directory/grf the server reads to compile it.

@grenat50 to test from 0, I downloaded the rathena currently from today's date, but there is no failure if you do it manually if it works 100%, add the maps that come to the map cache, but missing maps as far as I can see, I do not know if they are maps that are already but duplicated, can you get me out of doubt ? 

On 2/11/2021 at 6:16 AM, JinYuichi said:

@grenat50 to test from 0, I downloaded the rathena currently from today's date, but there is no failure if you do it manually if it works 100%, add the maps that come to the map cache, but missing maps as far as I can see, I do not know if they are maps that are already but duplicated, can you get me out of doubt ? 

They are all duplicated except bomberman and poring ball. You need to add them (and your resnametable with duplicated maps) in your repertory prior recompiling the map cache

Updated file - v1.0.1:
- added some missing data files. (alpha map texture and models)
- add caps for Poring Ball (distance and speed max)
- Fix palette feature (now works with custom pal values)

- No more warnings with the last rAthena version.

1.0.2 Updates:
- Capture the Flag respawn blue team fixed (diff)
- Actually leaving the clan/guild when leaving a BG (it was only a few BG doing that)
- being kicked out/@leavebg remove necessary items, put normal size back (for bomberman)
- bomberman/poring ball data missing files fixed
- Clan emblem red/blue team
- Add Read Me.txt

Edited by grenat50
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  63

Great work!

however these maps seem to be missing:

rush_cas01 ~ rush_cas04

region_8

also i can't download the file anymore, was it taken down?

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  830

7 hours ago, Mastagoon said:

Great work!

however these maps seem to be missing:

rush_cas01 ~ rush_cas04

region_8

also i can't download the file anymore, was it taken down?

Needed the approval of a Content Moderator.

I have been testing everything, and all the maps are totally correct.

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_7.png

Screenshot_8.png

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mastagoon said:

rush_cas01 ~ rush_cas04

region_8

They are there, make sure you install everything correctly.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  8

Hi Grenat50, its very awesome that you release this for free i`m very grateful .i`m trying to installing the script but the map keep crashing and could you teach me how to make the npc start the BG automaticly? because i keep waiting for the npc to announce the BG but it never announce it. 

thank you so much 

1 hour ago, ProjectFaust said:

Hi Grenat50, its very awesome that you release this for free i`m very grateful .i`m trying to installing the script but the map keep crashing and could you teach me how to make the npc start the BG automaticly? because i keep waiting for the npc to announce the BG but it never announce it. 

thank you so much 

You should download the latest version. The previous version had some missing files, that could cause the crash on the map you talking about. There are no NPCs starting the BGs anymore, this is the new queue BG system directly from the player's menu. Depending on the BG, there are different minimum player requirement. You can configurate it in db/battleground.yml. Minimum player 1 means you need at least 1 person in each team to start the BG. Try to do a double screen.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  92

Hello! how to fix this TIA

iphone-app-470.png

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  112

Do you mind updating mob_db.txt to mob_db.yml.. also cant find item_delay.txt file

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4

The F_BG_Badge is not present in the last version of the file.

There is a warning for a sprintf, from a t_tick into a i64.

And last, color and guild are maintained after leave/finish the bg and the warp go to a city (save point) then battleground room.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  81

@grenat50

Very good! I would like to suggest to add verification by gepard's unique id to avoid abuse of double accounts.

bomberman erro
[Error]: buildin_delwall: wall "BBM1_29-38" does not exist.
[Debug]: Source (NPC): 1Bomb#1 at bomberman (29,38)

After finishing some BG, the message "Duplicate application" always appears when trying to enter another bg mode.

Edited by Badarosk0

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  194

can someone upload the diffed files here? dunno how to diff. dunno how to add manualy it gives me errors.. or is this already on Rathena Offline? i wish i would just copy paste and recompile then add the NPCS and work on the CLient side

• Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  770

hi, try this diff buat have some issue with guild system

when applied this diff i can't invite guild to other player, disband, raise skill guild

how to reproduce make guild and then relog

you will get the issue

so guild leader write by server as member

On 3/5/2021 at 12:43 PM, mhielo12 said:

Do you mind updating mob_db.txt to mob_db.yml.. also cant find item_delay.txt file

If you use the latest rAthena, the battleground code has changed recently so you may find other issues, please wait until I update my code. Item_delay.txt doesn't exist anymore in the latest rathena, you only need what's in item_db.yml

On 3/4/2021 at 9:46 PM, Rook1es said:

Hello! how to fix this TIA

iphone-app-470.png

Which rAthena version are you using ? Did you install it manually ?

On 3/14/2021 at 7:35 PM, dalanth said:

The F_BG_Badge is not present in the last version of the file.

There is a warning for a sprintf, from a t_tick into a i64.

And last, color and guild are maintained after leave/finish the bg and the warp go to a city (save point) then battleground room.

Thanks, I've added the function for the next update. t_tick is in i64, where's that ? Right now, fake guild remains only for those who don't have a guild, unless they disconnect/reconnect. The color is given back at the end of the BG, however there may be one that doesn't do it, which BG was it ?

On 3/16/2021 at 7:42 AM, Badarosk0 said:

@grenat50

Very good! I would like to suggest to add verification by gepard's unique id to avoid abuse of double accounts.

bomberman erro
[Error]: buildin_delwall: wall "BBM1_29-38" does not exist.
[Debug]: Source (NPC): 1Bomb#1 at bomberman (29,38)

After finishing some BG, the message "Duplicate application" always appears when trying to enter another bg mode.

Which BG does the duplicate application thing ? That means your character is still attached to a BG.

mob_db.yml

23 minutes ago, grenat50 said:

Thanks, I've added the function for the next update. t_tick is in i64, where's that ? Right now, fake guild remains only for those who don't have a guild, unless they disconnect/reconnect. The color is given back at the end of the BG, however there may be one that doesn't do it, which BG was it ?

Last BG tested was Stone Control and there the color didn't change after go back.

This was the like causing the warning:

sprintf(output, "%s : Cannot use team skill %s. %I64i seconds remaining................", bg->g->name, skill_get_desc(skillnum), seconds);

And using %ld instead of %I64i did the trick (we are using prere and latest rathena version).

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  8

what is the version of githash? would there be any way to pass it?

Edited by TheMassaKhruss

4 hours ago, TheMassaKhruss said:

what is the version of githash? would there be any way to pass it?

the last update that worked correctly this battlefield, before they added the mob to yml.

• Content Count:  6

Hello, i have this issue

unknown.png 

How i fix that?

1 hour ago, Matsu182 said:

Hello, i have this issue

unknown.png 

How i fix that?

Use

git apply BattlegroundExtended.diff -3

This will try to force a merge but will create conflicts instead of errors.