Client 20180621 can't get to Character creation.

Reinheit

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24

Hello there! 

Much like the issue on this post, I've no trouble logging in to the server.  However, when I try Creating a Character, the client closes itself (no error messages at all, even with no 'ignore' diffs). I've found 3 separate posts that suggest ( https://github.com/Asheraf/Translation) will fix the problem, but the link is dead unfortunately.  

I've tried just about everything else now, and I'm at a lost at what to do now. Hoping someone can guide me or share the Asheraf translation files directly! Thank you all dearly for your time. 

________

Here are some of the things I've tried with the 2018-06-21aRagexeRE client --using a fresh unpack of kRO client folders (20200409 and 20180813) EACH TIME:

• PacketVER updated in defines_pre.hpp
  • re-diffing the client (using Nemo 2021-01-21) using a variety of bare/debugging/recommended options. 
  • switching between Zack's translation PRE and RE files --> these end up popping up other "[string "buf"]:xxxx: table index is nil" errors that are fixable, but not the core problem. 
  • Disabling Pincode system
  • Disabling Doram/Summoner
  • replacing "select_character_ver3" textures (source)

________

I don't have many screenshots to share as the game just shuts itself down without any errors:1431537833_2021-01-25120801.thumb.png.ac38b2748b51e8f8335b6e9ac335f3ae.png

926424669_2021-01-25115156.png.395cfb0fdd8721fdaa22b0232024eafc.png

Edited by Reinheiten

4 answers to this question

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  832

1 hour ago, Reinheiten said:

Hello there! 

Much like the issue on this post, I've no trouble logging in to the server.  However, when I try Creating a Character, the client closes itself (no error messages at all, even with no 'ignore' diffs). I've found 3 separate posts that suggest ( https://github.com/Asheraf/Translation) will fix the problem, but the link is dead unfortunately.  

I've tried just about everything else now, and I'm at a lost at what to do now. Hoping someone can guide me or share the Asheraf translation files directly! Thank you all dearly for your time. 

________

Here are some of the things I've tried with the 2018-06-21aRagexeRE client --using a fresh unpack of kRO client folders (20200409 and 20180813) EACH TIME:

• PacketVER updated in defines_pre.hpp
  • re-diffing the client (using Nemo 2021-01-21) using a variety of bare/debugging/recommended options. 
  • switching between Zack's translation PRE and RE files --> these end up popping up other "[string "buf"]:xxxx: table index is nil" errors that are fixable, but not the core problem. 
  • Disabling Pincode system
  • Disabling Doram/Summoner
  • replacing "select_character_ver3" textures (source)

________

I don't have many screenshots to share as the game just shuts itself down without any errors:1431537833_2021-01-25120801.thumb.png.ac38b2748b51e8f8335b6e9ac335f3ae.png

926424669_2021-01-25115156.png.395cfb0fdd8721fdaa22b0232024eafc.png

Better use this project and by the way read the wiki: https://github.com/llchrisll/ROenglishRE

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  208

You need to put this on your data.
Char Select Textures.zip

Edited by Cookie-rae

Thanks for the quick response, @Cookie-rae !  I'd actually tried this already -- both in the prioritized data folder and GRF. Unfortunately it still doesn't work. The client CLOSES without any errors when I try clicking any of the + cards: 

3 hours ago, Reinheiten said:

replacing "select_character_ver3" textures (source)

_________

Thanks @Mael, I'll give this a shot on a fresh unpack. Which wiki would you be referring to? I've been scouring all of them for answers as well --

• UPDATE: I tried the ||Chris|| translation packs as well (+texture replacements and Client Support replacements . The client still closes after clicking on Create Character. 

Would it make a difference which kRO pack I'm using? I have both 20180813 and 20200409. 

Alternatively, is there an kRO zip, translation project, and client # combination that has a higher chance of working together? I'm open to redownloading everything from scratch --> my main goal is to create a preRE server, with borrowed RE skills (which I don't mind manually implementing).

Edited by Reinheiten

Terribly sorry everyone. This was a result of a faulty line in one of my .conf settings, which ruined the char server.