hello guys i would like to ask if someone has an updated Pre item_db.yml  

10 answers to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  911

2 hours ago, chadness said:

hello guys i would like to ask if someone has an updated Pre item_db.yml  

What do you mean updated ? You can just simply update your item db from master trunk in  rAthena-Master github ..

• Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  666

2 hours ago, Poring King said:

What do you mean updated ? You can just simply update your item db from master trunk in  rAthena-Master github ..

sorry im newbie what i mean is a example or  pre item_db.yml that there is no need to copy in the re item_db.yml  and sometimes the other items are not found in re item_db.yml , i dont know how to update my itemdb in rathena master github can you please send some guides? thanks

This is what i did to my part last time

I put the path of renewal item to my . Item_db.yml so it will load also the renewal item but you need to load first the renewal so the pre-renewal will overwrite the renewal.. By doing this you will get a lot of error from the max defense if you are using pre-re. And Zeny bug like "If you sell phracon you will get 6000 but you can just buy it for 5000. So you will earn 1k for just buy and sell thru out NPC ?

I remove it manually to make it work when the YML introduce to rAthena..

To give you a sneak peak.. This is what i did to my item_db.yml pre-re server

Header:
  Type: ITEM_DB
  Version: 1

Footer:
  Imports:
  - Path: db/re/item_db_etc.yml
  - Path: db/re/item_db_equip.yml
  - Path: db/re/item_db_usable.yml
  - Path: db/pre-re/item_db_usable.yml
  - Path: db/pre-re/item_db_equip.yml
  - Path: db/pre-re/item_db_etc.yml

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Poring King said:

I put the path of renewal item to my . Item_db.yml so it will load also the renewal item but you need to load first the renewal so the pre-renewal will overwrite the renewal.. By doing this you will get a lot of error from the max defense if you are using pre-re. And Zeny bug like "If you sell phracon you will get 6000 but you can just buy it for 5000. So you will earn 1k for just buy and sell thru out NPC ?

Header:

Footer:
  Imports:

thank you sir

• Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  241

4 hours ago, Poring King said:

Header:

Footer:
  Imports:

by this PRE-RE overwrites all items on RE database? and like have them merged?

but if it does, how come there are few items that are in RE setting like you mentioned phracon?

what I did was the hard way, I just tried to copy all ID no.s that are in RE but no to be found in PRE-RE, this way I think I have a bit of control on what to add. LOL

18 minutes ago, Almond Snicker said:

by this PRE-RE overwrites all items on RE database? and like have them merged?

but if it does, how come there are few items that are in RE setting like you mentioned phracon?

what I did was the hard way, I just tried to copy all ID no.s that are in RE but no to be found in PRE-RE, this way I think I have a bit of control on what to add. LOL

im using pre renewal db thats the same thing i did i always copy one by one the items i would like to add in my pre item db the problem is some items are not in the re item db so im asking for a copy of re itemdb that contains a lot of items 

• Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  241

3 minutes ago, chadness said:

im using pre renewal db thats the same thing i did i always copy one by one the items i would like to add in my pre item db the problem is some items are not in the re item db so im asking for a copy of re itemdb that contains a lot of items 

well noticeably, they are divided into 3, so if you are trying to add like a potion, you check it under usable db. but if it's totally not available on the 3 DBs, what I do is just re-create the item id cloning from a similar item.

1 minute ago, Almond Snicker said:

well noticeably, they are divided into 3, so if you are trying to add like a potion, you check it under usable db. but if it's totally not available on the 3 DBs, what I do is just re-create the item id cloning from a similar item.

hmm i know how to do it but the problem is in the itemdb equip i can clone there a also have a iteminfolua so the item will appeare the problem is i dont know the view id of the item so if i wear it it has no effect

What im trying to say . Since the renewal is the updated item from KRO you already have all the item that are not on pre-re item_db right ? .

So if the renewal load first and the pre-re will be the 2nd the item on renewal will be overwrite with the config from the pre-re . What if give a try to your test server and looks how it works so hard to my part because im not really good in english

1st Example:
Blue potion
Blue potion from renewal is ( itemheal 0,rand(50,70);) . But since the 2nd database will overwrite the db and the 2nd database is pre-re config . Now the blue potion will be come (itemheal 0,rand(40,60); )

2nd Example:
What if the item is not on pre-renewal item_db like celestial dark frame...
If celestial dark frame is not on pre-renewal... But since you load the renewal first you can get it. You can give it a try by using @item "ItemId" . Now since this item is not on pre-re item db. The stats,defense,cost,script will be on renewal item_db.yml . You need to config it on re item_db.yml .

Edited by Poring King

4 hours ago, Poring King said:

What im trying to say . Since the renewal is the updated item from KRO you already have all the item that are not on pre-re item_db right ? .

So if the renewal load first and the pre-re will be the 2nd the item on renewal will be overwrite with the config from the pre-re . What if give a try to your test server and looks how it works so hard to my part because im not really good in english

1st Example:
Blue potion
Blue potion from renewal is ( itemheal 0,rand(50,70);) . But since the 2nd database will overwrite the db and the 2nd database is pre-re config . Now the blue potion will be come (itemheal 0,rand(40,60); )

2nd Example:
What if the item is not on pre-renewal item_db like celestial dark frame...
If celestial dark frame is not on pre-renewal... But since you load the renewal first you can get it. You can give it a try by using @item "ItemId" . Now since this item is not on pre-re item db. The stats,defense,cost,script will be on renewal item_db.yml . You need to config it on re item_db.yml .

ow i see it if i make my itemdb pre run first it will patch automatically? if that so if i change it how can i patch it by recompiling ?