Dispbottom display unique characters.

caspa

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  499

Hello, i don't know where to post this problem since i dont know if the client side or the source side has the problem but has anybody encountered this type of problem? (please refer to the attached photo)
whereas the dispbottom display unique character after the intended context.. like for example on the script is "dispbottom "You have leveled up!.";
but whenever i talk to the npc and finish the quest the display on my screen would be "dispbottom "You have leveled up!."#$#@$@#!@@@##;

and it gives random characters.. like if you talk to the npc again.. the random character after the sentence changes... 

if anybody has solution to this im willing to pay....

my client is 2012-04-10

i was using 2010-07-30 a while ago and i didnt have this kind of issue

i used NEMO for the patched files on this RagexeRE.

123.PNG

Edited by caspa

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1546

11 hours ago, caspa said:

Hello, i don't know where to post this problem since i dont know if the client side or the source side has the problem but has anybody encountered this type of problem? (please refer to the attached photo)
whereas the dispbottom display unique character after the intended context.. like for example on the script is "dispbottom "You have leveled up!.";
but whenever i talk to the npc and finish the quest the display on my screen would be "dispbottom "You have leveled up!."#$#@$@#!@@@##;

and it gives random characters.. like if you talk to the npc again.. the random character after the sentence changes... 

if anybody has solution to this im willing to pay....

my client is 2012-04-10

i was using 2010-07-30 a while ago and i didnt have this kind of issue

i used NEMO for the patched files on this RagexeRE.

123.PNG

It might be a client side issue since 2010 clients are not compatible with the 2012 try reverting it back and use 2010 if its working properly.

but you might want to create another version of data files to test the 2012 client compatibility.