Error loading texture - Water

mcNyj

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9

I'm currently having this issue with BrowEdit, where whenever I load a map with water, it shows that message, and the water wouldn't load. I've checked my grf, and the water files are in the correct directory. Extracted the water files, have them in the directory where the error is stating, still the same issue. The black box is just the directory of the RO folder. I'm thinking maybe the water files are corrupted or something? Not entirely sure since I can still open the jpg and viewing them seems fine. The weird part is while I get error for all the water files, I was able to view them in official maps in game, while only water in custom map crashes me. Currently moving backwards by downloading older versions of grf to see if it helps, will update after i test them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

Here's the error message I'm getting.
error.thumb.png.af659f981598353880d4f4e1501aa287.png

Edited by mcNyj

4 answers to this question

• Group:  Donators
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  121

19 hours ago, mcNyj said:

No momento, estou tendo esse problema com o BrowEdit, em que sempre que carrego um mapa com água, ele mostra essa mensagem e a água não carrega. Verifiquei meu grf e os arquivos de água estão no diretório correto. Extraia os arquivos de água, coloque-os no diretório onde está informando o erro, continua o mesmo problema. A caixa preta é apenas o diretório da pasta RO. Estou pensando que talvez os arquivos de água estejam corrompidos ou algo assim? Não tenho certeza, já que ainda posso abrir o jpg e visualizá-los parece bom. A parte estranha é que enquanto eu recebo erros para todos os arquivos de água, eu fui capaz de visualizá-los nos mapas oficiais do jogo, enquanto apenas água no mapa personalizado me travou. No momento, retrocedendo baixando versões mais antigas do grf para ver se ajuda, atualizarei depois de testá-los. Qualquer ajuda seria muito apreciada. Desde já, obrigado. 

Aqui está a mensagem de erro que estou recebendo.
error.thumb.png.af659f981598353880d4f4e1501aa287.png

try to export the water textures and put in the folder "data / texture" of browedit. image.png.de0c53d52051b15c01c126796d43e458.png

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  9

still got the exact same issue after exporting the water texture into browedit data / texture. I have another friend that is using the same grf files, but does not have the same issue. My head is about to explode.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  4

@mcNyj just sharing what fixed the same issue for me.

I moved the water texture files outside the folder containing it. Try changing this on your ro.xml:

<water>
        <directory>data\texture\����\</directory>
        <extension>.jpg</extension>
        <count>8</count>
    </water>

Into this:

<water>
        <directory>data\texture\</directory>
        <extension>.jpg</extension>
        <count>8</count>
    </water>

Just don't forget to move the textures okay? Hopefully it works out for you!

Edited by OffGrid

• Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  134

uhmm... I think the problem could be in how the original Korean characters are translated into browedit, when the ro.xml file is modified and then saved
but I could be wrong.
this is how mine appears. the folder is: ¿öÅÍ
it works perfectly fine!
image.png.e7cf2b06358bc4273f85eb772f33977a.png

image.png.8ff62bfbbb0401c966200be703a3dc7a.png

but if you notice, this is what appears to those who have a problem with the water texture:

image.png.a1d36d0e2e7ec3d9392ec716ef948f92.png

it appears as ���� 

in my case, I allow notepad ++ to read the korean characters, and I have no problem upon saving:

image.png.1967b6fa9093b8e8498a926085ccc003.png

I hope this is helpful!

Edited by Mina-chan