Enable player use of monster-only skills?

Thexare

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7

More questions, sorry.

Is it possible to enable player use (through skill tree additions or items that let you use a skill on demand when equipped, not just autocasts from items; I know that can be done) of monster skills such as NPC_DARKSTRIKE? If so, how would I do this?

3 answers to this question

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3122

Some mob skills (NPC_) are labelled at being "mob only" due to client limitations. You could probably work around it, but you'd need to make some huge modifications in the source code.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7

Well, that sucks. I don't know nearly enough to fix that. Is that the case for all of the NPC_ skills, or are some of them usable? Also, do any of them have issues when used as autocasts from items, or are all of them clear for that?

Edited by Thexare

• Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  112

Edit:  Misread your post. Could you do it? Yes, but you would need to replace skills that already exist in order for the client to accept them, I assume. This is because I imagine that enemies don't have icons for powers, which would make it difficult to have powers to click on. It would probably require a lot of work. It would take a lot less work to have the weapons or armor have a CHANCE to have the power happen, either when attacking or when attacked. Creating a whole new move (new icons, descriptions, etc) is going to take time, even if it isn't an enemy power.

Edit2: Most enemy skills, outside of like the ones that summon specific henchmen, are safe to use as item-cast skills. You could make a class that uses specific items instead of powers, and you could just make those items so that they don't disappear when used (though I can't remember how to make them not disappear, as I haven't done that task yet).

Edit3: You just gave me an idea for an armor-based class- one that is plain jane until they put on the right armor, and then their attacks unlock hidden attacks.

Edited by Humble_Bee