Replacing Beby Jobs With Custom Jobs - Possible?

Thexare

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7

I've had a bastard of a time getting... basically any client but one working for a personal project, and that one's not compatible with the custom class lua patch. It's probably errors on my end but, whatever, that's not the point, I can work with what I have.

For this project I have no real need for the marriage and adoption system. I was wondering, then, if it's possible to just redo the skill tree and HP/SP table, and replace the sprites for the Baby jobs in order to use them as an extra set of class slots? I'd most likely just be using the jRO alternate costumes since me and sprite art are not a good mix.

To break down exactly what I'm asking:

1. Can I replace the skill tree, HP/SP table, and sprites for the Baby classes independent of the non-baby version? If not, what is "locked" and what is changeable? And for the things I can change, where would I go about doing this?

1b. If the sprites are changeable, do I have to do anything special to make sure the heads and headwear line up right?

2. Can I change the class name seperately from the name for the original version? I already know how to do this on both server and client and have done it for some other jobs already, I just want to make sure the baby jobs don't have some weird hook connecting them to the non-baby versions.

3. Is it possible to set their equipment flags seperately from the non-baby jobs? If not, not a dealbreaker, I can just pair the slots (so a class using the jRO Geneticist sprite would just take the Baby Geneticist slot). Just a little suboptimal if so.

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  208

Custom jobs only work pre-doram clients and baby classes are hardcoded in the client. Regardless if you set a custom class with the job ID, it will still use the sprite from it's parent class

• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7

Damn, that's what I was afraid of. Ah well, seemed worth a shot. Thanks anyway.