Editing non-sprite item pics

Humble_Bee

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  112

So I currently use Act Editor to edit sprites and act files, but is there a program to edit just basic item bmp files? I tried using GIMP to change the color of the Pantie item's description pic (the pic located when you pop up the item description, just like a card pic), but when I saved the pic, the game did not like it. Any ideas on how to work it?

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  110

2 hours ago, Humble_Bee said:

So I currently use Act Editor to edit sprites and act files, but is there a program to edit just basic item bmp files? I tried using GIMP to change the color of the Pantie item's description pic (the pic located when you pop up the item description, just like a card pic), but when I saved the pic, the game did not like it. Any ideas on how to work it?

Thanks!

Use Photoshop. I create sprites together with its texture related files into it no problems at all.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  112

On 11/24/2020 at 6:55 PM, Katakuri said:

Use Photoshop. I create sprites together with its texture related files into it no problems at all.

Is there a certain format it has to be saved in? I keep hearing 8-bit indexed getting tossed around a lot? Would the indexing only apply to sprites, or to all images in the game?