2010 client data folder + lua files?

Niktout

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19

Hello,

I have the project to make my first pre-re RO server from episode 4 to 8 and I'm facing a lot of trouble with the client. I'm using 2010-06-29aRagexe with a data folder from ROenglishPRE, I've tried lua files from 2010-06-30 but I still can't use any hotkeys nor keyboard shortcuts ingame and everything remain in gibberish and my client crashes in Prontera.

I've searched for days on how to solve this issue without any luck.

Would anybody please be able give me a hand on helping me to solve my issues?

Thank you.

Edited by Niktout

6 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  911

3 hours ago, Niktout said:

Hello,

I have the project to make my first pre-re RO server from episode 4 to 8 and I'm facing a lot of trouble with the client. I'm using 2010-06-29aRagexe with a data folder from ROenglishPRE, I've tried lua files from 2010-06-30 but I still can't use any hotkeys nor keyboard shortcuts ingame and everything remain in gibberish and my client crashes in Prontera.

I've searched for days on how to solve this issue without any luck.

Would anybody please be able give me a hand on helping me to solve my issues?

Thank you.

Just use updated files then disable that you don't need on your server to make it your desire episode but its a bit work so goodluck ^_^

7 hours ago, Poring King said:

Just use updated files then disable that you don't need on your server to make it your desire episode but its a bit work so goodluck ^_^

Thank you for your reply, server side is fine but I'm still puzzled about the client side. I'm using a 2015 RO folder from my old server and a clean data folder. I really would like to use the 2010 client thus looking for directions.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  298

2 hours ago, Niktout said:

Thank you for your reply, server side is fine but I'm still puzzled about the client side. I'm using a 2015 RO folder from my old server and a clean data folder. I really would like to use the 2010 client thus looking for directions.

http://supportmii.com/ro1/Clients/RagexeRE/

2 hours ago, Vy Low said:

Thanks for the link but I'm using Nemo so your link doesn't help me with any issue I have listed above unfortunately.

I don't need RE client either for my project or is there any difference between using a RE and non RE client? That's an unanswered question I have at this stage too.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  298

26 minutes ago, Niktout said:

Thanks for the link but I'm using Nemo so your link doesn't help me with any issue I have listed above unfortunately.

I don't need RE client either for my project or is there any difference between using a RE and non RE client? That's an unanswered question I have at this stage too.

You can download the file and use Nemo to diff the client, you cant use Ragexe on 2010 clients, it need to be ragexeRE

53 minutes ago, Vy Low said:

You can download the file and use Nemo to diff the client, you cant use Ragexe on 2010 clients, it need to be ragexeRE

Just tried with RE version from Nemo's website which  has almost every clients and from your link and I have the same issues as listed above so I don't believe I have to use a RE client to run my pre-renewal server.

Do you have any other idea?