New Warlock Spell Books like an apple

CyberDevil

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  242

This is a strange problem because it is not about missing sprites, in fact I have no errors, but simply all the new Warlock books that you see in this link, are displayed as a simple apple with a description of the apple (not like an "Unknown Item") and by double clicking on it, it also appears the effect of the apple but obviously without any HP recharge and without disappearing, also the message "Can't read a Magic Book anymore." appears in the chat, which you also see in the attached screenshot. The tree apple that you see are the spell books with ID 100065, 100070 and 100074.
I'm not sure it could be a client problem (updated to the latest version from the git repository at https://github.com/llchrisll/ROenglishRE)... can anyone give me an explanation?

p.s.: my diffed ragexe is 2018-06-21aRagexeRE and my server is update at last git updates.

screenINFINITY068.jpg

Edited by CyberDevil

10 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255

2 hours ago, CyberDevil said:

This is a strange problem because it is not about missing sprites, in fact I have no errors, but simply all the new Warlock books that you see in this link, are displayed as a simple apple with a description of the apple (not like an "Unknown Item") and by double clicking on it, it also appears the effect of the apple but obviously without any HP recharge and without disappearing, also the message "Can't read a Magic Book anymore." appears in the chat, which you also see in the attached screenshot. The tree apple that you see are the spell books with ID 100065, 100070 and 100074.
I'm not sure it could be a client problem (updated to the latest version from the git repository at https://github.com/llchrisll/ROenglishRE)... can anyone give me an explanation?

p.s.: my diffed ragexe is 2018-06-21aRagexeRE and my server is update at last git updates.

2018-06-21 don`t support high item id, you need exe ragexe 2018-11-21 or ragexere 20180704

Edited by Balfear
  • Like 1

Thanks @Balfear for the explanation but unfortunately I have serious problems with any version of ragexe higher than 2018-06-21, with Nemo (also updated) I cannot set the 3 encryption keys (see screenshots) that I have always used on my server, as well as other errors for others monor diffs but not important like these 3 keys.
Is there a version of Nemo that can allow me to add keys to a ragexe compatible with ultra high IDs?

1.png

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  255

3 hours ago, CyberDevil said:

Thanks @Balfear for the explanation but unfortunately I have serious problems with any version of ragexe higher than 2018-06-21, with Nemo (also updated) I cannot set the 3 encryption keys (see screenshots) that I have always used on my server, as well as other errors for others monor diffs but not important like these 3 keys.
Is there a version of Nemo that can allow me to add keys to a ragexe compatible with ultra high IDs?

Idk about encryption keys in new clients, try to ask about it  @4144, maybe he can help you.

Edited by Balfear

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  770

On 9/14/2020 at 7:28 PM, CyberDevil said:

1.png

Coz that client didn't use Packet Encrypt anymore

ok thanks for the information guys... in fact I have decided to not use the "packets obfuscation" system anymore but now I have a strage problem after the diff of any version of ragexe (late 2018, 2019 and 2020)... when I select the character, the client closes without errors but I think that the problem is in this file: https://github.com/llchrisll/ROenglishRE/blob/master/Ragnarok/System/mapInfo_true_EN.lub

If I exclude it from Nemo's options, I obviously get the error that it does not find the original file (mapInfo_true.lub) but anyway the game starts... I think the problem is the @llchrisll's file that maybe it was compiled wrong... @llchrisll can you help me?

UPDATE: the client closes only if I enter the towns and only if the "Dispay Map Name" option (that you see in the attached screenshot) is flagged... I guess the problem is due to the effect title with the name of the map (town) that should appear in the foreground when you enter but I don't know why it makes me close the client even if I have all the textures (rdata.grf and kRO data.grf updated), this is an example LINK.
Any idea to solve this?

screenTest-Server003.jpg

Edited by CyberDevil

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  626

Well I don't have any issue with that file at all:
Try to check your NEMO patch regarding MapInfo, and be sure to follow the guide on my wiki, especially the part with NEMO profiles.
If you really use my translation project that name of that file is mapInfo_True_EN.lub.
image.png.614ffd17656767a0dcec69435a904180.png

• Upvote 1

I managed to understand the problem... I was missing these 2 files in the client:

\System\Font\SCDream4.otf
\System\Font\SCDream6.otf

Thanks everyone for the informations, I leave this post available for other people with this problem!

Edited by CyberDevil

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  626

If I'm not wrong right now, those two files comes with kRO by default xX.

You are probably right but I downloaded a version of April 2020 and there weren't these files inside, maybe the one who created this distribution removed these 2 files for I don't know what reason, the fact is that I didn't have them in the kRO client that I found on the net. ?