forcerendereffect.lub

King Corey

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1

I just came back to playing RO after not playing for a few years.

Last time I played we used to have this ddraw DLL that we could drop into RO and individually enable effects with /effect turned off.  Worked great but Gepard pretty much just blocks that now but I did just find out we now have this file -- > forcerendereffect.lub.

I've been playing with it and I've tested it on quite a few servers but it doesn't actually seem to work for everything.  I've been able to turn it off for Safety Wall but I can't do things like enable WoF, LP, or Pneuma to keep showing up during /effect off.  This seems to be consistent on the servers I tested where there seems to be a new standard to keep displaying things like Safety Wall, Energy Coat, Fury, etc.

Is this file not as powerful as I want it to be?  Why am I able to make SW stop showing up during /effect off but can't enable other things? Just looking for some more information on this file.

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13

On 9/11/2020 at 9:59 PM, King Corey said:

I just came back to playing RO after not playing for a few years.

Last time I played we used to have this ddraw DLL that we could drop into RO and individually enable effects with /effect turned off.  Worked great but Gepard pretty much just blocks that now but I did just find out we now have this file -- > forcerendereffect.lub.

I've been playing with it and I've tested it on quite a few servers but it doesn't actually seem to work for everything.  I've been able to turn it off for Safety Wall but I can't do things like enable WoF, LP, or Pneuma to keep showing up during /effect off.  This seems to be consistent on the servers I tested where there seems to be a new standard to keep displaying things like Safety Wall, Energy Coat, Fury, etc.

Is this file not as powerful as I want it to be?  Why am I able to make SW stop showing up during /effect off but can't enable other things? Just looking for some more information on this file.

Can i try ur grf with edited forcerendereffect.lub

I want to show only dispell effect during effect on

Edited by SeraphimJorge
Notification
  • Upvote 1