Failed connect to server error

johnnylisboa

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9

Hello all!

I'm new in Ragnarok and of course new as well in this forum.

Just trying to get a local private server up and running, but having some doubts and issues regarding server and client-side configuration. Also read some tutorials and looked around to see if someone got this kind of issue and if it was resolved, but didn't find ans effective answer. So if this post is in a wrong place, or, if there's an answer for this kind of problem, please guide me to find the correct answer.

1st things 1st, my server environment is

1. Virtual machine using Ubuntu 20.04 for OS (4Gb RAM, 128Gb HDD, 2 processors).
  2. Cloned rAthena from git clone https://github.com/rathena/rathena.git ~/rAthena and got all updates (git pull).
  3. Got installed Apache2, php7.4, MySQL Server, phpMyAdmin, as well as all necessary libs and dependencies to compile and create login-server, char-server and map-server.
  4. Using a clean kRO installation and 2018-06-20eRagexeRE_patched (also had edited grf files inserting virtual IP address assigned to my linux server).
  5. Have no firewall rules blocking/denying traffic for destination server ip address and ports.

Error Messages/screenshots

• Both client-side error (Failed to connect server) and server-side message (Closed connection from...) are attached to the post.

NOTE: If there's an updated tutorial teaching how to get things configured and running, for a newbie like me, please let me know.

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 11.26.16.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 11.27.18.png

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  911

5 hours ago, johnnylisboa said:

Hello all!

I'm new in Ragnarok and of course new as well in this forum.

Just trying to get a local private server up and running, but having some doubts and issues regarding server and client-side configuration. Also read some tutorials and looked around to see if someone got this kind of issue and if it was resolved, but didn't find ans effective answer. So if this post is in a wrong place, or, if there's an answer for this kind of problem, please guide me to find the correct answer.

1st things 1st, my server environment is

1. Virtual machine using Ubuntu 20.04 for OS (4Gb RAM, 128Gb HDD, 2 processors).
  2. Cloned rAthena from git clone https://github.com/rathena/rathena.git ~/rAthena and got all updates (git pull).
  3. Got installed Apache2, php7.4, MySQL Server, phpMyAdmin, as well as all necessary libs and dependencies to compile and create login-server, char-server and map-server.
  4. Using a clean kRO installation and 2018-06-20eRagexeRE_patched (also had edited grf files inserting virtual IP address assigned to my linux server).
  5. Have no firewall rules blocking/denying traffic for destination server ip address and ports.

Error Messages/screenshots

• Both client-side error (Failed to connect server) and server-side message (Closed connection from...) are attached to the post.

NOTE: If there's an updated tutorial teaching how to get things configured and running, for a newbie like me, please let me know.

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 11.26.16.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 11.27.18.png

Can you please show us your conf on your server connection so we can guide you

Hi there!

Thank you for you're attention and response.

I just resolved the problem from server-side and client-side a few minutes ago, keeping the default configuration in server-side.

Now I'm experiencing the error below, and looking for a clean kRO Client.

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 17.15.59.png

Hey guys!

Still having problems with my client, and I have no clue how to fix it.

The current scenario is:

1. Client-side is installed in my virtual machine with W10 x64 for OS.
  2. Already configured data.grf with destination server IP address.
  3. Now I can log in my server with my credentials, and can see a screen for security pin.
  4. Once I click confirm, I got the first screen loaded (I guessing that's Prontera, but I can't be sure because my client freezes in a black screen once loaded).

And that's all!

Attached you see the screenshoots I mentioned.

If someone have any clue or knows how to fix it, please let me know. I'll really appreciate some help. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 00.41.53.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 00.42.30.png

@Poring King , any clue?

@Akkarin, could you help me please?

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3122

5 hours ago, johnnylisboa said:

@Akkarin, could you help me please?

You tagged me because...?

There are so many topics with the same issue you're having already on the forums. I bet if you searched through them, you'd find an answer.

2 hours ago, Akkarin said:

You tagged me because...?

There are so many topics with the same issue you're having already on the forums. I bet if you searched through them, you'd find an answer.

Hi there!

I did because even following those posts couldn't have things up and running, so I was guessing you could provide some help.

I'll search again.

Tnx.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  911

On 9/4/2020 at 5:27 AM, johnnylisboa said:

Hi there!

Thank you for you're attention and response.

I just resolved the problem from server-side and client-side a few minutes ago, keeping the default configuration in server-side.

Now I'm experiencing the error below, and looking for a clean kRO Client.

You are missing a resource files . So that mean you need to update your KRO

On 9/4/2020 at 12:03 PM, johnnylisboa said:

Hey guys!

Still having problems with my client, and I have no clue how to fix it.

The current scenario is:

1. Client-side is installed in my virtual machine with W10 x64 for OS.
  2. Already configured data.grf with destination server IP address.
  3. Now I can log in my server with my credentials, and can see a screen for security pin.
  4. Once I click confirm, I got the first screen loaded (I guessing that's Prontera, but I can't be sure because my client freezes in a black screen once loaded).

And that's all!

Attached you see the screenshoots I mentioned.

If someone have any clue or knows how to fix it, please let me know. I'll really appreciate some help. 

You are missing client files like izlude_ac for renewal server setup