Custom Skill issue

Synel

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  38

So, I added several new skills to the novice skill pool using ID 8500-8511. Used the wiki guide so I'v edited:

skill.hpp

battle.cpp

skill_db.yml

Skill_Tree.txt

battle.c

Skilltreereview

skillid.lua

And I changed Skillnametable.txt but left skilldesctable2.txt alone since it was entirely gibberish and description. In game labels and description come across fine. 

I cannot put any skill points into any skills except for the novice basic skill though. It doesn't matter what job I switch to with @job for testing or what level my character is. Is there a specific range of skill id's that are allowed?

Edit: Solved by changing ID for custom skills. 777 is a working start point. 

Edited by Synel
solved

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  215

Hello,

I had a problem one time with that, you can read my little topic about what I tested/done: 

Maybe that's really not related, but by any chance ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  38

Hey,

Still working on it but I managed to get the custom skills to work by using a different ID, like you had to. 777 and up. Still can't seem to put points into other skills and ran into other problems atm but thank you Kreustoo. 

Edit: OK, So, I'm pretty sure this has to do with the game requiring all skill points to be used before advancing to the next class. I'm going to look for the code related to that but basically, if I use the amount of skill points that would use all possible skill points for the novice I can add skills into higher tier skills. It's still off somehow as I haven't been able to add more than one or two points to any basic skills but better I guess. 

Edited by Synel