Skills on all map are off

nvermind

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2

Hi there newbie here on rathena server management i recently downloaded and compiled an emulator but when i tried it all skills on all maps are off can you help me with this?

8 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2

6 hours ago, nvermind said:

Hi there newbie here on rathena server management i recently downloaded and compiled an emulator but when i tried it all skills on all maps are off can you help me with this?

please help..

• Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  927

Any errors?

Please provide more detail.

Client Date, Server Mode, etc..

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3

i have same error on pre renewal server ? i dont have any idea for more details about my project hahaha... please help!

Edit: I use client 2015-05-13 and the message with any skill is "Skill cannot be used in this area"

Edited by xjunapi33

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  68

You don't know the date you got your rAthena files? Did you patch your client yourself? Edit another question: Did your server once work and now you're encountering this problem? If not why haven't you used the up-to-date rAthena?

If you are getting a displayed message "Skill cannot be used in this area" that sounds like a mapflag preventing you from casting an ability but it would be very perplexing if the defaults were preventing you from casting in ALL maps and ALL skills. I cannot say I've ever encountered this problem once in my entire life of making servers.

But I do know that "Skill cannot be used in this area" is also what you get when you attempt to use a restricted skill and the information of these usually is found in db/re or db/pre-re/ skill_nocast_db.txt, and npc/mapflag/

Edited by TheKingDino

3 minutes ago, TheKingDino said:

You don't know the date you got your rAthena files? Did you patch your client yourself?

If you are getting a displayed message "Skill cannot be used in this area" that sounds like a mapflag preventing you from casting an ability but it would be very perplexing if the defaults were preventing you from casting in ALL maps and ALL skills. I cannot say I've ever encountered this problem once in my entire life of making servers.

But I do know that "Skill cannot be used in this area" is also what you get when you attempt to use a restricted skill and the information of these usually is found in db/re or db/pre-re/ skill_nocast_db.txt, and npc/mapflag/

where i can see the rathena files? i obtain all files (server/client side) for random pags and projects. The issue is not common, i search so much and i cant find information xD. (sorry for my bad english)

It's okay, I understand.

I'd really recommend just getting the newest rAthena. If you're referring to your rAthena files? I don't know.. it depends on where you saved them. Usually something like rathena-master\db\ and rathena-master\npc\

If you want to know where to get the newest rAthena it is here: https://github.com/rathena/rathena 
The green clone or download button. You must have visual studio though to compile rAthena.sln. There's further installation instructions below.

9 minutes ago, TheKingDino said:

It's okay, I understand.

I'd really recommend just getting the newest rAthena. If you're referring to your rAthena files? I don't know.. it depends on where you saved them. Usually something like rathena-master\db\ and rathena-master\npc\

If you want to know where to get the newest rAthena it is here: https://github.com/rathena/rathena 
The green clone or download button. You must have visual studio though to compile rAthena.sln. There's further installation instructions below.

i use this git repositorie for make server

All I can think of is it's potentially a problem on the client-side then. And unfortunately, that isn't my best area. You may want to try other clients and ragnarok folders.

I know messing with clients right now is extremely frustrating and unfortunately I have yet to find a really good patched one that I feel would help others.