Client crashing

Slightlytilted

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4

So I've been trying to setup a Pre-RE server and server side, everything is running just fine. Though, when it comes to a running client I'm completely out of luck, nothing that I've tried has made me able to get to character selection without crashing and no error window shows up to tell me where its crashing. The furthest I've made it in character selection is when I'm not forcing old login window but then I'm welcomed by the token system thing so its not any helpful. I've downloaded the latest kRO client I could find (20200409) and also tried an older version closer to my client of choice date (20180813) and put all of sackdreaver's RE + PRE files in data folder/setup my clientinfo/sclieninfo XMLs and diffed a 2018-06-21aRagexe.exe (also tried a plethora of other diffed clients found on this forum, all crash on character selection screen), so yeah here I am asking what could possibly stop me from having any client to run.

3 answers to this question

So after much further messing around, I was able to run a 2015-10-29aRagexe, I'd be able to log in and mess around int he game but it was kind of effy and walking around was weird and there are places where I simply couldn't even walk to, like for example I was trying to start the Swordsman quest and I couldn't even walk over the bridge in Izlude, it'd show my cursor as if it was a walkable path, even set my map to show me the way and told me to go there, but my character simply refused to walk there and there's also the fact that there's some features that are only compatible at later PACKETVERs but for the life of me, I cannot get into the game using any of the 2018 Ragexes, it'll either straight up say Disconnected from Server right after putting name/password, or show my server in the listing then crash after selecting it before even making it to Character Selection screen.

So I'm out of ideas of what to try.

I've already done 

And https://herc.ws/board/topic/16391-2018-06-2021ragexere-char-select-fix/

Also messed around compatbility mode of windows and chanting the setup.exe settings around since I'm that desperate, try with data folder and a grf etc etc.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  308

use the mapcahe editor to update your map_cache.dat in your server so you can walk.. In EXE try use 20180620eRagexe-RE  the E version not A ok ^_^ good luck!

Edited by chatterboy

Issue persists even with 20180620eRaxexeRE: