Source of Truth for mob_db.txt

latios

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25

Would anyone here happen to know what rAthena uses as a reference or source of truth for correcting mistakes in mob_db.txt?

In other words, how would someone know whether a line in mob_db.txt has a mistake in it or not?

I have done some digging around the forums and previous GitHub commits but haven't found that states where the values come from or what process to use to confirm correctness.

I personally have been using a combination of Divine-Pride, RMS Mob DB and iRO Wiki DB and seeing which has most realistic values and correlating with similar mobs.

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10013

I believe its either AEGIS conversion, or source from kRO.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25

Thanks @Emistry, that makes sense.

Although if I wanted to create a Pull Request to amend values in mob_db.txt based on values in the kRO database on Divine-Pride (e.g. Combat Basilisk Base & Job EXP https://www.divine-pride.net/database/monster/3503/combat-basilisk) would that be rejected since it's not 100% proof direct from kRO (like in-game screenshots)?

I suppose I could also just create the PR and see if it's rejected or not.

Basically, I'm wondering what alternative sources (besides AEGIS conversion or direct from kRO) I could use to assist with updating rAthena DBs.

• Group:  Development Manager
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  732

The data on DP is valid data from Aegis. Other parts of the data that weren't gathered through Aegis leaks are gathered through replays. Depending on the server you choose in the top right it will display the appropriate results from that location.

iRO Wiki DB is specific to iRO and is severely out dated compared to kRO, let alone iRO is well known for customization or feature picking parts out of kRO. iRO also went through a revamp recently to where they should be more aligned with kRO. Reading a couple posts on their recent updates though shows they are still feature picking parts. But overall I would use iRO Wiki DB has a 4th or 5th source.

RMS is essentially rAthena data. Whether yC has tools that combine data from other emulators now I'm not sure (and I doubt this part). In the past RMS was using eAthena data and then started using rAthena data.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  924

1 hour ago, Aleos said:

The data on DP is valid data from Aegis. Other parts of the data that weren't gathered through Aegis leaks are gathered through replays. Depending on the server you choose in the top right it will display the appropriate results from that location.

iRO Wiki DB is specific to iRO and is severely out dated compared to kRO, let alone iRO is well known for customization or feature picking parts out of kRO. iRO also went through a revamp recently to where they should be more aligned with kRO. Reading a couple posts on their recent updates though shows they are still feature picking parts. But overall I would use iRO Wiki DB has a 4th or 5th source.

RMS is essentially rAthena data. Whether yC has tools that combine data from other emulators now I'm not sure (and I doubt this part). In the past RMS was using eAthena data and then started using rAthena data.

So rAthena should follow Divine Pride with kRO Server selected right?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Development Manager
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  732

That would be the best place to start, yes. This is if you don't have access directly to kRO or an Aegis server with the content you're testing for.

• Upvote 2