Maps & Mobs Missing

tddupree7

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8

Alright people hope this is the right spot for this: I understand I am not the only one having trouble getting mobs to load on maps.

Currently the following maps are missing monsters:

Rockridge Mine1 & 2

Magma Dungeon 3

I followed the pin Rathena Guide Here. Technically im not installing a new map just activating maps that are already in the client, but this helped up to a certain point. Mapcache.exe does not exist in the next folder up as stated in this guide so I couldn't update the mapcache.

So I restarted the server and Mag_dun03 not found , and Rockridge Mine still has no mobs?

What did I miss? How do I get these mobs to show up, and how do I get mag_dun03 to show up? Hope someone with knowledge of this is out there and can help me out.

Thank you in advance.

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8

1 hour ago, tddupree7 said:

Alright people hope this is the right spot for this: I understand I am not the only one having trouble getting mobs to load on maps.

Currently the following maps are missing monsters:

Rockridge Mine1 & 2

Magma Dungeon 3

I followed the pin Rathena Guide Here. Technically im not installing a new map just activating maps that are already in the client, but this helped up to a certain point. Mapcache.exe does not exist in the next folder up as stated in this guide so I couldn't update the mapcache.

So I restarted the server and Mag_dun03 not found , and Rockridge Mine still has no mobs?

What did I miss? How do I get these mobs to show up, and how do I get mag_dun03 to show up? Hope someone with knowledge of this is out there and can help me out.

Thank you in advance.

I solved this on my own, there are currently no tutorials on how to enable these maps. I am assuming most of the developers who have had this issue also figured it out on their own. So that doesnt really help the community because their is no data for new devs to solve this issue.

So if anyone else runs into this issue, just give message me or reply to this thread. I will create a guide if it is needed if not, good luck.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  20

@tddupree7 I've just got this problem. It would be nice to have a guide of it.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  35

On 3/12/2020 at 6:19 PM, tddupree7 said:

Mapcache.exe does not exist in the next folder up as stated in this guide so I couldn't update the mapcache

edit rAthena\conf\sql-files.txt
execute rAthena\mapcache.bat

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1

I have the exact same problem when try to make mobs to spawn in an existing map. In my case, Niflheim dungeon F1 and F2. I have created nif_dun.txt with mob spawning script written in npc/re/mobs/dungeons but the map was still empty when I got there. My makeshift solution was puttinh the script in an existing dungeon or field files i.e. file that contains Einbech dungeons and then mob appears normally.

I know this is not a professional way and happy to learn how to make it correctly. Thanks!