Need help setting up a client, not sure where to start anymore...

behelit

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36

Hello everyone! Forgive my ignorance on the subject, I'm sure this comes up all the time. But is there a top to bottom, full explanation of how to setup a kRO client to work with the latest rAthena server software?

I had no problem getting the server working on my linux box... at least I think it's working, I can't find any client that can successfully connect. I've tried doing various tutorials and reading explanations of how to get the client working, but nothing seems to work. It's like there are 20 puzzle pieces scattered and I need to put them all together. Everything seems to leave out some vital step, or produces errors when I try to run things.

Surely there is a simple solution that gives you a working, translated client and the ability to change what IP the client is pointed at. That's really all I'm looking for. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks ahead of time.

6 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  275

The tutorials are pretty on point imo.

A. Organization
  1. Extract the full client in C:\ro_client\RO\ and launch update with rsu-kro-renewal-lite.exe or rsu-kro-rag-lite.exe if you set a pre-re server.
  2. Extract the Ragexe.exe in C:\ro_client\fresh\
  3. Extract data and System folders from the translation Package in C:\ro_client\fresh\
  4. Extract the opensetup.exe in C:\ro_client\fresh\
  5. Extract Mssfast.m3d and Mp3dec.asi from BGM.zip in C:\ro_client\fresh\
  6. Extract N.E.M.O. content in C:\ro_client\NEMO\
  7. Once Step 1 is DONE:
    • Copy All *.dll and *.INI files from C:\ro_client\RO\ to C:\ro_client\fresh\
    • Copy BGM and savedata folders from C:\ro_client\RO\ to C:\ro_client\fresh\
    • Copy rdata.grf and data.grf files from C:\ro_client\RO\ to C:\ro_client\fresh\

B. Configure the Client

1. Launch N.E.M.O. and load 2015-05-13aRagexe.exe 
  2. Hit "Select Recommended"
  3. Confirm DATA.INI
  4. Rename iteminfo.lub to iteminfo_n.lub
  5. Now search "Read Data Folder First" and check it
  6. Hit "Apply Selected" and you will have a new 2015-05-13aRagexe_patched.exe file.
  7. You should "Save Profile" now, because you will probably want to edit again your client later :)

C. Add the translation

1. Rename C:\ro_client\fresh\System\itemInfo.lub to iteminfo_n.lub
  2. You might need to rename C:\ro_client\fresh\data\texture\À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º\ folder to 유저인터페이스 later, but for now, just skip this step (not sure if you encounter this problem).
  3. Open C:\ro_client\fresh\data\clientinfo.xml with a text editor (I recommend Notepad++)
  4. Update the address with your server IP
    • <address>[ip_address]</address>
  5. Done with the translation. Now we will say to the server, which client players are using.

This is a guide that I use. but to break it down easily,

1. Zackdeaver's translation project will be your data folder on top of the KRO data.grf and rdata.grf

2. Clientinfo.xml or sclientinfo.xml will be the file to configure which server your client will be connecting to. that file will be inside the data folder.

3. Use Nemo diff patcher to configure your actual .exe file to however you wanted it to be. Diffs mostly depend on your client version/date.

4. Big tip, while googling around for steps on how to set up your server and client. Try to understand how it works rather than following steps blindly, this will give you a better understanding on how the emulator works and how you can customize, troubleshoot and handle your emulator better.

On 2/2/2020 at 11:53 AM, Zeiyan said:

There was no iteminfo.lub in the translation I found, which came from zackdreaver. Seems pretty vital to the instructions you gave me. Am I using the wrong translation?

Edited by behelit
As close as I can get to deleting this post?

The iteminfo.lub or iteminfo.lua would be in the System folder not the data folder. If i remember correctly, the system folder is included with the translation project.

Yeah, I figured it would be in the system folder with all the other .lub files... But I can only find the iteminfo.lua file. Are the two interchangeable? O.O

EDIT: Okay, so I renamed iteminfo.lua to .lub, and it got rid of that error... But now I have a new error:
image.png.518acef9ba8cc62deb8b6335052b2e94.png

Edited by behelit
More info..

I forgot what the difference is. I don't want to give out wrong information but I believe lub files are the encrypted version? Me personally I use lua. If you're going to use lua just stick to all luas. If you can read the lub files then simply changing the file extension to lua should be fine.

On 2/3/2020 at 12:37 AM, behelit said:

Yeah, I figured it would be in the system folder with all the other .lub files... But I can only find the iteminfo.lua file. Are the two interchangeable? O.O

EDIT: Okay, so I renamed iteminfo.lua to .lub, and it got rid of that error... But now I have a new error:
image.png.518acef9ba8cc62deb8b6335052b2e94.png

It's telling you exactly what it is looking for with the file path on where it should be. What I usually do when I get errors like that is google the file name along with the keyword rathena or hercws. chances are somebody already had that issue. Anyway, with just a quick google search I found this for you.

https://github.com/ThemonChan/RagnarokMainFolder/blob/master/System/Font/RixSquirrel_10.eot

You know what, you've been very helpful. I was finally able to get the client working and now have a decent understanding of the process. I did this with a pre-renewal server almost a decade ago, but I forgot everything. ?