Super Novice Weapons

Humble_Bee

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  112

I'd love for my super novice to be able to use a bow, pistols, and the other weapons they don't currently have access to. I'd be willing to pay someone up to $10 for help getting my super novice using the bow with a similar animation to the archer. I have a feeling I'm not the only person who would be willing to pay for this. Who's with me? And do we have any spriters who might be able to make this happen?

9 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  110

I think your budget will not fit to that because it will need to do alterations on the sprite sheets of it only you can do is can equip on server side but on clientside on view (animation) it is not applicable.

My point being is that I was asking more people if they were interested, which I think they are. While I only offer $10 at the moment, if other people start commenting they are willing to drop $5 or $10 or whatever it may be, the money could start to add up. 

Yeah btw thats my opinion, On my side I alterate some jobs like gunslinger which displays the custom weapon too in some cases like (using skill desperado) or even exact crossbows on hunter/stalker ?

• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  545

2 hours ago, Humble_Bee said:

My point being is that I was asking more people if they were interested, which I think they are. While I only offer $10 at the moment, if other people start commenting they are willing to drop $5 or $10 or whatever it may be, the money could start to add up. 

The bigger issue here is classes have 2 attack animations; You can't add a 3rd without some other serious alterations to... I'm not sure what (but not just the sprite). So the bows have to override one of your existing animations if the sprite were ever made. I'd guess this is a large part of why Gravity decided SuperNovices could not use bows/spears/2h swords to begin with.

Also hate to be a downer but the sprite work just to get the novice/super novice doing the same animation as the archer would probably cost you a couple hundred dollars. Spriting is expensive and finding a spriter willing to take on that big of a sprite is an even tougher challenge. Goodluck.

~Azura Skyy

36 minutes ago, Azura Skyy said:

The bigger issue here is classes have 2 attack animations; You can't add a 3rd without some other serious alterations to... I'm not sure what (but not just the sprite). So the bows have to override one of your existing animations if the sprite were ever made. I'd guess this is a large part of why Gravity decided SuperNovices could not use bows/spears/2h swords to begin with.

Also hate to be a downer but the sprite work just to get the novice/super novice doing the same animation as the archer would probably cost you a couple hundred dollars. Spriting is expensive and finding a spriter willing to take on that big of a sprite is an even tougher challenge. Goodluck.

~Azura Skyy

agree to this just like hunter class which has bow & dagger attack animations only aside from punching ?

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  477

custom class with the same body of super novice. but attack animation of BOW and PISTOL. you will need to use changebase script when using those weapons..
for the custom sprite of the custom class. either you ask from Graphic Request Forums..

lot of custom sprite probably like
- Super_Novice_SwordDagger
- Super_Novice_BowPistol
- Super_Novice_SpearBook
- etc.

Edited by Haruka Mayumi

• Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  416

7 hours ago, Azura Skyy said:

~Azura Skyy

Right

You wont be able to assign the right weapons  ( bow in this case to attack animation 2 where archer has it ) 1 being dagger, and the other un armed. Its different for everyone

Although you could think of something, youll still have to swing it by your artist 

GL

Edited by Naruto

Thanks for the info everyone! I appreciate it. This will give me more to work with.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3

Hello, sorry to bump this from so long ago, but I have a related question. I am very new to server/client stuff.

Does the client have a way to use the Attacking1 animation at all? Is there a way to even choose which attacking animation a class uses for a given weapon type between Attacking2 and Attacking3?

I was hoping Attacking1 would just end up being a debugging placeholder for when weapon itemID doesn't match its class or whatever, but I just set up my first offline server and it just seems to use the unarmed Attacking2 when I create a custom bow or even if I edit Bow[4] so that Novices can wear it.

image.png.64b5061f7b352f7684cb893b7d7d8094.png