Polygon limit

Tio Akima

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  191

What is the limit of polygons in a model?

Is there a limit of polygons per map?

I have 3 models with 60k polygons each ... And the client is not working (client 2019)
it crashes when trying to display the models.

I used the proOptmize modifier, but it still didn't work.

Are there any other customer restrictions regarding 3D models other than polygons?

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  111

Per-model, RO's polygon limit is very low- It's about 2000, and generally you'll probably want to limit it to about 1600-1800. I don't know if there is a limit per map, but I've found in the past that the framerate starts to get very bad around 8-10,000 models on a single map. (Models, not polygons)

It's doubtful you will ever reach that many models on a map intentionally, as even my most detailed maps ever tend to only half half as many models as that (around 4-5000). If you want to make use of complicated, detailed 3D models with higher polycounts, you'll have to split them up into several individual models that you piece together in browedit.

I hope that helps.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  191

On 1/30/2020 at 8:12 PM, Sage said:

Per-model, RO's polygon limit is very low- It's about 2000, and generally you'll probably want to limit it to about 1600-1800. I don't know if there is a limit per map, but I've found in the past that the framerate starts to get very bad around 8-10,000 models on a single map. (Models, not polygons)

It's doubtful you will ever reach that many models on a map intentionally, as even my most detailed maps ever tend to only half half as many models as that (around 4-5000). If you want to make use of complicated, detailed 3D models with higher polycounts, you'll have to split them up into several individual models that you piece together in browedit.

I hope that helps.

great answer, thanks sage.
solved