Can we not add Indys hard work forever?

Peopleperson49

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  218
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1180

Indy made some awesome script commands that even to this day are very helpful. It wouldn't take much to add them permanently so that they could be used by all. OnAtkCast is freaking awesome in its own right. For example, I made all my wands magic crasher when the wearer of any wand physically attacks. Other things can be done like making a wand attack with a fireball every physical attack. It allowed me to give healer and wizard classes an actual magical based physical attack similar to many other games out their.

Peopleperson49

• bIndOnAtkCast
  • bIndMatkEvasion
  • bIndDispellResist
  • bIndSelfDmgOnSpell
  • bIndAnkleSnareImmunity
  • bIndNoNinjaOrbReq
  • bIndDispellDeflect
  • bIndHealMaxHPBoost
  • bIndPerfectDodgeIgnore
  • bIndAtkElemBoost
  • bIndAspdLimitIncrease

IndBonusPack1.patch

IndBonusPack2.patch

IndOnAtkCast.patch

Edited by Peopleperson49
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  446

I think some of them are already in rathena such as OnAtkCast, AtkElemBoost, etc..

bonus3 bAutoSpell,sk,y,n;       	Adds a n/10% chance to cast skill sk of level y when attacking

bonus2 bMagicAtkEle,e,x;  		Increases damage of e element magic by x%

perhaps most of them are already implemented but just a totally different name as of today.

This is completely possible they the have been adapted in some way under another name. OnAtkCast was simple and wasn't based on an attack chance that the server had to calculate with each attack. It does it with every attack flawlessly and the speed was based on the players attack speed. With bAutoSpell the player still has to physically attack, but that attack is limited by the range of the weapon they hold. For example that wizard has bAutoSpeed set to 100% cast of fireball it would be trying to cast it at the wands physical attack at the range of 1-3. The wizard will get pummeled. With OnAtkCast the range would be what ever it is for that skill so something like magic crasher or fire ball gives them considerable distance. I have played with bAutoSpell before... The command AspdLimitIncrease is also great for servers... Anyways thanks for the reply.

Peopleperson49

• Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  446

Ohh i see.

Although these modifications are great., it is less likely to be implemented in official rathena since it is not officially in any official ragnarok (iro, kro, etc..) if i am not mistaken.

Hoping to see a re-development on this even if it would be an external modification like source patch so we might actually see some new* stuffs around. im sure a lot of ppl could thinK of a great use of these.

Edited by Mabuhay

• Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  116

All of the files seems to be unavailable.

And yes, those look really good for making improvements overall to gameplay mechanics. Hopefully they would consider, but then again, it's not part of official RO, so they might not apply it.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  291

Why isn't available for download?

All 3 are downloading for me in the first post of the topic that I started. You really should read from the beginning, lol. Have a nice day.

Peopleperson49

@Mabuhay Although these modifications are great., it is less likely to be implemented in official rathena since it is not officially in any official ragnarok (iro, kro, etc..) if i am not mistaken.

I would like to point out that if you look at the script and item type commands doc, most stuff there never came from the official servers. Someone along the way said that would be something useful and they added it. This isn't anything different. Their is no negatives to adding them in anyway except the few minutes time of already overworked DEVs... They are quite powerful commands that have a lot of versatility. Once added they would only make rA stronger overall. Since they are simple items type commands their isn't much difficulty adding them to the git. As I said before it just takes a few minutes for someone with DEV access to add them. Once added they are there forever.

Peopleperson49

• Upvote 1

On 11/14/2019 at 10:52 AM, Peopleperson49 said:

All 3 are downloading for me in the first post of the topic that I started. You really should read from the beginning, lol. Have a nice day.

Peopleperson49

I would like to point out that if you look at the script and item type commands doc, most stuff there never came from the official servers. Someone along the way said that would be something useful and they added it. This isn't anything different. Their is no negatives to adding them in anyway except the few minutes time of already overworked DEVs... They are quite powerful commands that have a lot of versatility. Once added they would only make rA stronger overall. Since they are simple items type commands their isn't much difficulty adding them to the git. As I said before it just takes a few minutes for someone with DEV access to add them. Once added they are there forever.

Peopleperson49

Yes, it says it's unavailable for me. All 3 of them, saying that they are either unavailable or that I have no permission to view them.

Also I agree that these should be added in since they really don't disturb the overall function of the emulator. Yes they're custom, but there also custom scripts implemented in the emulator so I don't really see any reason why it shouldn't be included. Hopefully they'll consider.

Let me try to add them here again. I can still download them just fine from the first post. It shows they have already been downloaded 5 or 6 times so it is working for some people. Please let me know if these still don't work.

Peopleperson49

IndBonusPack1.patch

IndBonusPack2.patch

IndOnAtkCast.patch

42 minutes ago, Peopleperson49 said:

Let me try to add them here again. I can still download them just fine from the first post. It shows they have already been downloaded 5 or 6 times so it is working for some people. Please let me know if these still don't work.

Peopleperson49

IndBonusPack1.patchUnavailable

IndBonusPack2.patchUnavailable

IndOnAtkCast.patchUnavailable

Heya, it still shows as "Unavailable"

As shown below:

H3zc2lo.png

0c9PzbY.png

That's really weird... This is what I see.

Peopleperson49

Spoiler

ScreenShot01.png.f3e330d0ff6863ab7ac643f78729af9d.png

Edited by Peopleperson49