A couple questions with setup

kotsumu

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13

I just setup a server and want to make sure I'm doing things right. I get a lot of mixed information reading all the different posts so it's very easy to get confused.

• I've seen some information about how packetver only need to be specified through the configure --packetver command to work with specific client versions. However some people say that we also need to update the define_pre.hpp. Which do I need to do, or do I need to do both?
  • I'm trying to figure why my warps/npcs are off in iz_az02 for warps and I noticed that a npc was in the water in morroc. I have a couple guesses
    • Either my server is not running renewal
    • My client is not loading renewal maps
    • Perhaps this has something to do with my clientinfo.xml
    • Perhaps rAthena npc/warp scripts are not update to date to latest kRO maps (iz_ac02 and morocc are my only examples here). I noticed that this PR is not merged in yet https://github.com/rathena/rathena/pull/3650
  • I understand that 0 langtype is for korea and 1 langtype is for america in your clientinfo. What specifically does this do and why do some people say to set it to 0 and some say set it to 1?
  • I understand that there are a couple types of servertypes in the clientinfo. The documentation says that this should be set to sakray. But zackdreaver's translations has this defaulted to primary. What does this value actually do? Does primary mean it loads prerenewal resources and sakray mean it loads renewal resources?

Just wanted to say thanks ahesd to anyone that answers this.

Edited by kotsumu

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1529

5 hours ago, kotsumu said:

I just setup a server and want to make sure I'm doing things right. I get a lot of mixed information reading all the different posts so it's very easy to get confused.

- I've seen some information about how packetver only need to be specified through the configure --packetver command to work with specific client versions. However some people say that we also need to update the define_pre.hpp. Which do I need to do, or do I need to do both?

- I'm trying to figure why my warps/npcs are off in iz_az02 for warps and I noticed that a npc was in the water in morroc. My guess is that either my server is not running renewal or my client is not loading renewal maps. Perhaps this has something to do with my clientinfo.xml?

- I understand that 0 langtype is for korea and 1 langtype is for america in your clientinfo. What specifically does this do and why do some people say to set it to 0 and some say set it to 1?

- I understand that there are a couple types of servertypes in the clientinfo. The documentation says that this should be set to sakray. But zackdreaver's translations has this defaulted to primary. What does this value actually do? Does primary mean it loads prerenewal resources and sakray mean it loads renewal resources?

Just wanted to say thanks ahesd to anyone that answers this.

You can edit your clientdate in config/packets.h and use ./configure , make clean, make sql, make server.

Depends on your setup. pre-re and re have different map cache. If you're running on pre-re, makesure you're using pre-re map or add it in your GRF/data folder. 

Every langtype has its on setting file.

image.png.ee3322d5662224c6814faa183af0ada0.png

Primary also should work.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Amir, I am running in renewal mode.

- I do not have a packets.h file, only a packets.hpp which points me to updating my packet version (on Linux) using the ./configure command.

- I understand that every langtype and servertype has a value. I am just not sure how it affects my client at all.

• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1529

4 hours ago, kotsumu said:

Thanks Amir, I am running in renewal mode.

- I do not have a packets.h file, only a packets.hpp which points me to updating my packet version (on Linux) using the ./configure command.

- I understand that every langtype and servertype has a value. I am just not sure how it affects my client at all.

packets.hpp is the correct file.

its affecting the external settings. for example enable or disable doram, max level, etc is being set there in lua files folder.

• Upvote 1

Ok, thanks. Then I should be fine. I noticed that my packets.hpp is targeting the correct client version. I still have a couple questions from my first post, hoping someone with knowledge can shed some light!

Edited by kotsumu