Vykimo

[WIP] Cross Platform Ragnarok Online Client

Man! that looks great

This looks so friggin' awesome!!

Keep it up!!

Edited by OscarScorp

that auto attack feature is the best!

Wow. Not sure how i feel about "Electron", however, this is looking excellent so far. Can't wait to see a beta client in action.

Helo vykimo, I want make a private server in future. Do u mind if my players, my private server and players be your tester for you project?

On 10/19/2019 at 12:58 PM, Yukihira said:

Wow. Not sure how i feel about "Electron", however, this is looking excellent so far. Can't wait to see a beta client in action.

What you mean? Regarding performance ?

I think Electron has already proven. It's sure it'll be not as fast as native apps but devices are getting better and better so they can support simple 3D such as RO.. And the time saving is huge.

Edited by Vykimo

On 10/21/2019 at 11:04 PM, Vykimo said:

What you mean? Regarding performance ?

I think Electron has already proven. It's sure it'll be not as fast as native apps but devices are getting better and better so they can support simple 3D such as RO.. And the time saving is huge.

hmm true. btw do you plan to make it open source at some point ?

11 hours ago, OscarScorp said:

Is it possible to add the Joystick controls (from Mobile) to PC ?

Yes but I don't understand why... it's less convenient with a cursor.

11 hours ago, Vykimo said:

Yes but I don't understand why... it's less convenient with a cursor.

Some people prefer these "modern" controls, and also, they're comfortable when grinding 😋
It would be nice to have the option, or I would pay extra if it's possible to add it for me anyways.

Currently I have two modes : Mobile and Desktop.

If you set app to "mobile" for desktop, it'll work well too.. ^^

• Love 1

Any update on this? Also I assume end product would be paid? If you can provide more info, please send me a dm.

BETA TEST : I made 3 days of "real condition" tests with a team of 3 advanced players.
It was successfull, feedbacks were great and they only reported a few bugs in order to play "normally" on a RO server. What a good step !

In parallel, I talked with @Functor about possible Gepard Shield support in XPRO. But as you probably know, including Gepard Shield into Robrowser/AndRO opens a door in your server for bots. And we don't want to break his shield, so I'll work on my own encryption method. It'll be available later on...

Infos will come asap, stay tuned 😉

Edited by Vykimo
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Vykimo said:

BETA TEST : I made 3 days of "real condition" tests with a team of 3 advanced players.
It was successfull, feedbacks were great and they only reported a few bugs in order to play "normally" on a RO server. What a good step !

In parallel, I talked with @Functor about possible Gepard Shield support in XPRO. But as you probably know, including Gepard Shield into Robrowser/AndRO opens a door in your server for bots. And we don't want to break his shield, so I'll work on my own encryption method. It'll be available later on...

Infos will come asap, stay tuned 😉

Congratulations! This project is getting better, much better.

Hey man, don't you plan to open source it? Please don't turn this project in another dead project, the community is not that big, I don't think you can turn it into a product.

However, what you are working on is really special and can be a revival for ragnarok, specially if working on mobile. I just started diving into roBrowser and found your project, my only plan was to try to make movement less clunky, but looks like there are a lot of projects, a lot of talented programmers creating their own clients, and no unity at all...

• Upvote 1

Awesome and great project! This is the game changer for all ragnarok community!!