Rename classes?

Seravy

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  176

I want to rename some classes so i edited jobnamegender.lub but nothing changed. (In fact the file had weird class names in them making it obvious it's not being used)

So where/how do I change it then?

(A Clown? Why? What does that have to do with music? I rather have a Composer thank you very much lol)

Edited by Seravy

3 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  416

you gotta hex it to get visual changes in the top left corner with all your status information, but im pretty sure if you change those files in the GRF .. commands like jobchange... will probably be different 

Ahh im not really sure which ones are for the name , the only one ive changed was the High Magician

1241344456.png

a few hexing rules 

1) There exists invisible characters in the grf file names... if your working with a grf editor, you might see yourself get stuck on characters but its just all merged and messy... also you can replace names completly and it doesnt matter HOW IT ENDS AS LONG AS THERE IS SPACE BETWEEN IT AND THE NEXT ENTRY, YOU CAN MAKE NAMES LONGER, OR SHORTER soo... WAVEMASTER CAN BE EXTENDED TO WAVEMASTERDDDDDD and still not screw anything

Actually theirs a few things i need to verify but this is sure way to edit ^ I just dont test things like gluing everything together and I usually leave a space... never really got in my way until i tried hexing modern games because sometimes you see DOTS as 01 02 in hex and not 00 which is null or w/e

2)Has to remain the same size as you opened it, so you need to add 00 in the hex portions if your making smaller names or something

4)no backspace or using delete key, you have to use your arrow keys .. . .

But i included my client that i use for editting... 

Use it as an example as to what not to edit, ive changed everything BUT the ingame names in that corner 

2424443.png

You can... but my PC blew up and this was my last back up

make the  names smaller or bigger, i was just making them fit... just check out rule 1) 

2018-04-18bRagexeRE_patched232323.exe

And btw i didnt give you the client with wavemaster written, that was an older one... just look it up and make sure its the same ... but the trans classes are a bit different

Edited by Naruto
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  176

I see, don't worry I'm good at using hex editors!

That seems to have worked for all but Clown which insists to use the same name as the 3rd job no matter what - I guess I have a client version where both had the name Minstrel so they share the text constant. For that, I had to hex $6CD931 to 53 BF D1 and the same for $6CD89F to redirect it to the "Clown" text constant or more precisely one character in front of it because I needed 1 extra character to have "Composer".

• Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  416

1 hour ago, Seravy said:

I see, don't worry I'm good at using hex editors!

That seems to have worked for all but Clown which insists to use the same name as the 3rd job no matter what - I guess I have a client version where both had the name Minstrel so they share the text constant. For that, I had to hex $6CD931 to 53 BF D1 and the same for $6CD89F to redirect it to the "Clown" text constant or more precisely one character in front of it because I needed 1 extra character to have "Composer".

Yeah its a huge pain lol