MySQL fresh install error

impsy

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1

Following the guide on the wiki word for word with no prior experience. 

Error when trying to do the schema part and import the main.sql

12:32:11    `clan_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,   `name` varchar(24) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',   `master` varchar(24) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',   `mapname` varchar(24) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',   `max_member` smallint(6) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',   PRIMARY KEY (`clan_id`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=5    Error Code: 1064. You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '`clan_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,   `name` varchar(24) NOT NUL' at line 1    0.000 sec

Seems there have been other threads with no concrete errors, I feel like anyone who were to follow the wiki installation guide will come to the same exact error as me so it should probably be updated, does anyone know how to fix this?

I tried to forcefully delete everything mentioning clan just to run the server but the server is erroring out on it now when I try to run it, also where do you get the actual client to play on the server?

Edited by impsy

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  23

Hey,

I came across with the same problem too by using the very updated server files and very recent mySQL 8.0,  but it appears to be working normally because my logserv refills those null entries with "0" automatically after some times playing.

Try to remove those schemas, and rerun/re-execute those two SQL-Scripts (main and logs) again, then start your server, and just simply ignore those errors, create like two characters, play them a bit, logout, and re-login for a couple times, see whether if there's an error, missing items in inventories and storage, character levels and other information. I hope yours will work normally like mine.

PS: What version is your MySQL, by the way?

Edited by Diospectre

On 8/29/2019 at 1:54 AM, impsy said:

Following the guide on the wiki word for word with no prior experience. 

Error when trying to do the schema part and import the main.sql

12:32:11    `clan_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,   `name` varchar(24) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',   `master` varchar(24) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',   `mapname` varchar(24) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',   `max_member` smallint(6) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',   PRIMARY KEY (`clan_id`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=5    Error Code: 1064. You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '`clan_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,   `name` varchar(24) NOT NUL' at line 1    0.000 sec

Seems there have been other threads with no concrete errors, I feel like anyone who were to follow best washing machine in india the wiki installation guide will come to the same exact error as me so it should probably be updated, does anyone know how to fix this?

I tried to forcefully delete everything mentioning clan just to run the server but the server is erroring out on it now when I try to run it, also where do you get the actual client to play on the server?

facing same issue

Edited by mark cowell

• Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  112

I had the same problem. Part of the answer is to manually create a table, because that is what that small section of code is doing (Create table if none exists). To do this, right click on the Table tab on the left of the screen, and then click to create a new table. Make sure to have the main.sql file open already, as then you can look at how you need to set up the table. It appears there is a coding issue with the code that they had their where the "clanid int(11)" and "auto_increment" weren't allowed to exist at the same time. I haven't run my server yet to see which was the better option (leaving the (11) or leaving auto_increment), but once I get the rest of my install done, I'll update this. As a note, after you create the new table- save a backup copy of that section of the code in a Notepad++ document and then delete that section of code from main.sql. The rest of the code should loan fine for main.sql. Also, make sure to refresh your schema so you see the rest of the tables if they did not show up (like moving on to the login changing portion of the tutorial). The refresh button is on the top right of the section that lists the tables and ragnarok and whatnot. It's a real small two arrows in a circle pattern pointing to each other.

EDIT 2: Instead of saving a backup of the code, you can just put "- -" (two dashes) next to it and it will treat it like the info writing that doesn't get read. ?

EDIT 3: So after choosing auto_increment with just INT, it looks like you might be able to pick INT and then type a (11) right after and then pick auto_increment to make sure you have all your data. If not, then choose auto_increment and leave the (11) off, finish filling out your table, and save it and then open it again and try adding the (11) next to the INT. Also, when I was having issues running main again after the main worked the first time but I couldn't find my other tables (I hadn't hit refresh), I ended up having to "- -" next to the "Insert into...." clan and one other line of code, because it had already inserted those values when it successfully ran once for me, and it was failing when it tried to do it again because the task was already done. My server is successfully running host side now. Now on to figuring out how to make a client work. 

Edited by Humble_Bee

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  308

Is this online server issue or offline?

If online contact your VPS provider.. If OFFLINE server try to use the latest WAMP Server for windows, for Linux always update ^_^ coz i never experience that issue even in a fresh formatted PC/Server PC ever.

I recommend use WAMP Server for windows User i use it many years now. I currently use Debian Server 10 work perfectly.

(WAMP contain of APACHE, PHP, PHP MyAdmin, MySQL)

Edited by chatterboy

Hello there

I also found the same issue with using highly upgraded server files in the latest mySQL 8.0, but it seems to work fine, as my logserv automatically fills in junk entries with "0" after regular playback.

Try to delete these modes, re-edit / reproduce these SQL scripts (large files and logs) again, then start the server, technorazor then simply ignore these errors, create two characters, use them, then log in and log in-log in a few times and see Are there errors, missing items in inventory and storage, item highlights and other information.gadgetsmagnet  I hope your job is the same as mine.

PS: By the way, what is your version of MySQL?