How to let my friend connect to my Ro Server?

SoulxMaster

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9

Hi sorry for asking noob question. Yes seriously im newbie. Can anyone teach me full guide how to let people connect to my server? I'll try to understand you hope you can have patient teaching me. Hope you can write step by step so i can follow. Thank you. Waiting for you guys respone.

Edited by SoulxMaster
typing error

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  113

give them the client that is compatible to your server and make sure your client is secured

setting up client is available here in rathena forums look for it

trust me i'm newbie as well before you need to devote yourself

hi thank for reply, can u teach me full guideline. can find it for me? i could't find on forum. yeah i already give them my full file but still failure to connect my server. i already change the client.xml. maybe on conf there i still dont know how to edit. can u help me on this? please

Hi can anyone provide me FULL GUIDELINE how to let my friends connect to my RO Server. We stay on different place but wishing to play together. Im hosting the server but my friend can connect to my server when HE IS IN MY HOUSE AND USING MY WIFI but WHEN HE BACK HIS HOUSE He can't connect to my server? any idea? please help! thank you. im newbie. please provide me guideline . Thank You very very much

Please don't reply me and ask me find it on forum. i couldn't find it that's why i write this post ask new question. no offence. thank you

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  23

Hi,

Have you tried to open and forward the ports via router? It's called Port Forwarding, or you can Google about it.

But to sum up,  you need to open forward 6900 for the login port,  5121 for the map port, and 6121 for the char port.

PLAN A

A1.

To do that, open your router configuration by using an internet browser (Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, or any), and type 192.168.1.1. If it's blank or failing, try 192.168.10.1 or 192.168.1.2 or 10.0.1.1. If it still fails, open Command Prompt (RUN > cmd) and type ipconfig, and look at the IP address written at the Default Gateway. (Windows user)

Make sure you know your router username and password, (it's both "admin" by default, if you don't know: Try to get them from your router packaging box, usually there's the username and password written, or you have to call your internet provider to ask the username and password.)

Find "Port Forwarding" option (or any option similar to it), and forward the port 6900, 5121, and 6121. Then save or apply.

To check whether it's open or not, go to https://ping.eu/port-chk/ and put your public IP address and each port above. If each port says open, you're then good to go to the next step.

Remember, Public IP is different from your local IP. To know what your public IP is, just simply Google "what's my IP".

A2.

Go to your server files and open map_athena.conf and change //map_ip: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to map_ip: your public IP, and open char_athena.conf and change //char_ip: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to char_ip: (your public IP)

Don't forget to remove the "//" on each above.

A3.

Go to your client files and find sclientinfo.xml, open it with notepad, and change the address to your public IP address. If you have clientinfo.xml, do the same (just in case).

A4.

To make sure everything is good, go to https://ping.eu/port-chk/ again and check your forwarded ports.

And go to https://ping.eu/ping/ to ping your server. If it replies, try to login from different computer and different public IP.

A5.

Copy the client files and give them to your friends from different public IP. And play.

I can't guarantee that it will be successful, but worth trying.

Since most internet providers give its customers a dynamic public IP (which means your public IP changes over time), you will have to recheck your public IP address periodically and do step A2 and A3 if it is changed.

If you have a domain, you can trick it to make it static alike.

If it fails, you can use 3rd party application like Hamachi, but it's a bit slower. See PLAN B below. It's recommended if you want a much simpler method.

PLAN B

To download Hamachi, go to https://www.vpn.net

B1.

Open Hamachi, click the power button and type your desired Hamachi user name so your friends can identify you. Make sure it's turned on. It's actually all pretty much self-explanatory.

B2.

Click "Network" tab and click "Create a new network". (For Windows user, if there's a "network type" window popup appears, just choose "Public Network")

Put any network name and password, just don't forget because it is what you are going to tell to your friends.

B3.

Do step A3 (not B3), but this time put your Hamachi IP address written on the Hamachi main window.

B4.

Copy the client files and give them to your friends. Ask your friend to connect to your Hamachi IP address, and play.

=================

Note for yourself:

If you play from the same computer as your server, do A3/B3 but with address 127.0.0.1

If you play from different computer but in the same router, do A3/B3 but with your server local IP address inserted (usually started with 192.168.xxx.xxx), to know your local IP address, go RUN > cmd and type ipconfig and look at IPv4 Address section, that's your local IP address. In this case, you must do it from your server computer to know the server local IP address.

It's better to start the server NOT from the main computer of where your client is. And with RAM of 2 GB at least.

To experts, correct me if there's a mistake.

Edited by Diospectre

Thank you for such great awesome detail i loving it. I try right now thank you