Browedit 620 Black Map Tiles

iubantot

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  312

What is causing the black tiles to appear? Im using browedit 620.

8 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  134

Hii! you have to use browedit 586, as it saves the quadtree properly!
Just in case, remake it in Generate-Quadtree

If that doesn't work, you may have to raise the water lever to -20 or higher (higher is below 0, such as -50, and lower is possitive numbers, for some reason), and the ground and models accordingly (with F2 + ctrl A + page up and the models with F11 and choosing the whole map).

If it's not the quadtree but a problem with the shadow textures, you can export lighmap (without walls!), and import it again. Somehow it fixes this kind of problem :3

Good luck! /pif

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  312

7 minutes ago, Mina-chan said:

Hii! you have to use browedit 586, as it saves the quadtree properly!
Just in case, remake it in Generate-Quadtree

If that doesn't work, you may have to raise the water lever to -20 or higher (higher is below 0, such as -50, and lower is possitive numbers, for some reason), and the ground and models accordingly (with F2 + ctrl A + page up and the models with F11 and choosing the whole map).

If it's not the quadtree but a problem with the shadow textures, you can export lighmap (without walls!), and import it again. Somehow it fixes this kind of problem :3

Good luck! /pif

I tried opening my map using 586 but its crashing without errors shown ? i guess i have to remake it from scratch on 586 thanks for the information! ? 

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  416

this is what i do 

rsww.jpg

i never had to set my water heights or anything like that, whenever i get black spots i follow this guide and never encountered them again 

7 hours ago, Naruto said:

this is what i do 

rsww.jpg

i never had to set my water heights or anything like that, whenever i get black spots i follow this guide and never encountered them again 

oh! I've tried to avoid that as much as possible, because it resets the quadtree by force, so there are often models missing into outer space if you do that ><. And to solve that, you have to generate quadtree again in 586 and it's reverted back. If browedit 586 can solve it first it's much better!

But also, adding height to the water has made me avoid it most of the time, it's much simpler than meddling with the file, as it tends to cause problems with the models.

Another option is saving in Browedit 2, as it cleans the map much much better :3 but always on a backup, sinsce there's a small chance of breaking the map after doing some things for some reason.
After saving in Brow 2, it may be possible to open it again in Brow 586.
Also, your configuration files have to be the same in Brow 586 and 620 so they both read the same grf files.
Are you in Borf's Discord by the way? There's a support section there that has helped me a lot! I can send you an invite if you aren't x3

Edited by Mina-chan

2 hours ago, Mina-chan said:

oh! I've tried to avoid that as much as possible, because it resets the quadtree by force, so there are often models missing into outer space if you do that ><. And to solve that, you have to generate quadtree again in 586 and it's reverted back. If browedit 586 can solve it first it's much better!

But also, adding height to the water has made me avoid it most of the time, it's much simpler than meddling with the file, as it tends to cause problems with the models.

Another option is saving in Browedit 2, as it cleans the map much much better :3 but always on a backup, sinsce there's a small chance of breaking the map after doing some things for some reason.
After saving in Brow 2, it may be possible to open it again in Brow 586.
Also, your configuration files have to be the same in Brow 586 and 620 so they both read the same grf files.
Are you in Borf's Discord by the way? There's a support section there that has helped me a lot! I can send you an invite if you aren't x3

Mina its me q_q 

456.jpg

No idea, you tend to play around with the newer IRO stuff, im always just ripping from the old pre re stuff probably little to no compatibility issues ?

1 hour ago, Naruto said:

Mina its me q_q 

No idea, you tend to play around with the newer IRO stuff, im always just ripping from the old pre re stuff probably little to no compatibility issues ?

ooh it's you, Zerelino!
Actually, I had more problems with the hex editing when I was still using only pre-renewal things x3..

Edited by Mina-chan

16 minutes ago, Mina-chan said:

ooh it's you, Zerelino!
Actually, I had more problems with the hex editing when I was still using only pre-renewal things x3..

I followed @Syouji videos and stuck to the rules, never really failed me yet, just typical crashes like the f4 to f1 for wall textures, pasting stuff outside the grid and annoying sanity errors 

On 8/7/2019 at 10:02 AM, Naruto said:

I followed @Syouji videos and stuck to the rules, never really failed me yet, just typical crashes like the f4 to f1 for wall textures, pasting stuff outside the grid and annoying sanity errors 

oh I never got used to moving between f1 and f4 so often, I end up crashing at some point ^^; so I just enter brow 620 for that, as it very rarely crashes when adding the walls.

On 8/6/2019 at 9:09 PM, iubantot said:

I tried opening my map using 586 but its crashing without errors shown ? i guess i have to remake it from scratch on 586 thanks for the information! ? 

I hope you don't have to remake it, it takes so long to make one map o_o try what I told the next person here :3