Help in editing RSM models

mateusb12

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3

I'm trying to edit the ankle snare model, which is an animated .RSM file.

I've searched a lot on internet about it, and summing all it up, everything ends up coming down to this https://github.com/rathena/rathena/wiki/Modeling

Xarple RSM converter tool: it gives you a error message when converting some animated models, which is my case

3D Object Converter: it basically forces you to buy the premium version to allow full conversion, otherwise it deletes a lot of polygons, making a huge hole in your model. Also, when opening it at 3d studio max, it seems like it loses all of its animation and becomes 100% static, which is totally useless in my case, as I'm trying to edit ankle snare 3D animation

Ive searched on Google for 1~2 hours and my conclusion based on it is that If I really want to edit this SINGLe ankle snake model then I have no option than buying 3D obj converter premium license. 

Do you guys know another method? I'm kind of lost

Edited by mateusb12

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  134

On 7/28/2019 at 9:29 AM, mateusb12 said:

I'm trying to edit the ankle snare model, which is an animated .RSM file.

I've searched a lot on internet about it, and summing all it up, everything ends up coming down to this https://github.com/rathena/rathena/wiki/Modeling

Xarple RSM converter tool: it gives you a error message when converting some animated models, which is my case

3D Object Converter: it basically forces you to buy the premium version to allow full conversion, otherwise it deletes a lot of polygons, making a huge hole in your model. Also, when opening it at 3d studio max, it seems like it loses all of its animation and becomes 100% static, which is totally useless in my case, as I'm trying to edit ankle snare 3D animation

Ive searched on Google for 1~2 hours and my conclusion based on it is that If I really want to edit this SINGLe ankle snake model then I have no option than buying 3D obj converter premium license. 

Do you guys know another method? I'm kind of lost

Hii!
After all this time I don't know if you ever found out, but you can do this in Bromedit, the program that comes alongside Browedit 2. With it you can also import and export models, so you don't need the 3D Object Converter. You can even replace an animated model with another one (or an animated mesh), so it keeps the animation of the former! Take a look in the "bromedit" section in Borf's channel.

Edited by Mina-chan

• Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  416

Yeah, try asking borf on his discord