OVH Question

kamirie

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37

Good Day,

Is the plan on OVH Public Cloud and VPS are one in the same service? I created an account on OVH and needed a server to be in around SEA so i choose Singapore and a public was created. Im planning on using this for test installations server managing practice.

Kind Regards

• Upvote 1

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  28

OVH VPS and Public Cloud are two different things. If your main purpose is only to do tests then I'd recommend VPS SSD, it's the cheapest and it can work very well to do tests.

Public Cloud:
You will find preinstalled or “as-a-service” solutions, with flexible, pay-as-you-go billing, so you can focus on your projects.

VPS SSD:

This VPS is hosted on a single dedicated server that is not cloud-based when the dedicated server will go down then all VPS will go down with that server.

VPS CLOUD:

VPS cloud is hosted on the group of dedicated servers rather than a single server in the event of server failure all VPS hosted on that server will isolate to other dedicated servers without any downtime of data loss.

These VPS are also scalable whenever you need more CPU, ram with the click of the mouse you can increase resources.

VPS Cloud RAM:

VPS cloud Ram is also cloud-based, features are same as VPS cloud. However, VPS cloud ram comes with more ram than other VPS.

Edited by SkyDragon

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  37

Ah, that's a little disappointing. So I have to get the vps ssd but it ddidn't offer a SEA region location. Thanks for this . Need to find a diff host

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  208

17 hours ago, kamirie said:

Ah, that's a little disappointing. So I have to get the vps ssd but it ddidn't offer a SEA region location. Thanks for this . Need to find a diff host

Sea region you can try digital ocean,Softsys  Hosting. has a low ping. 

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  312

19 hours ago, hikashin-rae said:

Sea region you can try digital ocean,Softsys  Hosting. has a low ping. 

Are digital ocean droplets ddos protected? if not what offers are ddos protected?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  208

4 hours ago, iubantot said:

Are digital ocean droplets ddos protected? if not what offers are ddos protected?

How many players do you cater? if you cater 200+ people select ovh have a asia dedicated server. it like 100$ a month. if starter 100 players below you can try digital ocean and i believe it can survive now days on ddos attack because if your server receive such ddos attack the attacker are going to be nulled routed.