Custom music doesn't work

daikatana_

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15

Hi everyone,

I've got a strange problem with BGM. I wanted to add some music and replace some I don't like. I found out, it is not as easy as just replacing the file. Replacing the file works for some, but doesn't for most of them, usually VBR. I've read somewhere on the forum, mp3 needs to be converted to bitrate of 128k. Well, I've done that. The music worked fine. After a while, not doing anything with music anymore, some of those tracks I replaced stopped working. For example, I replaced like 10 tracks and 5 of them stopped working after some time. Has anybody here experienced this issue I'm having?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by daikatana_

4 answers to this question

• Content Count:  52

its an old bug, dont mind, as long your mp3 can be hear at first time,. even default mp3 come from installer sometime will stop play (usually when your char warped into the map), but for most custom mp3 you have to change your custom mp3 bitrate to make it more stable, example you can try to readjust between 144, 128,  96 or 80, just dont use higher bitrate like 192 - 320kbps, it takes time to load, and makes your slow pc player suffer.

btw, you can add your own mp3 without replace any file from BGM file, you only need to add your mp3 file name in each mapname you wanted to change inside mp3nametables.txt 

Thanks for the reply. As I wrote in my first post, I have converted all my mp3s to 128. When I replace or add the new 128 mp3s, they work just fine. But then I close the client, log back in and some of them just don't work anymore, no matter how many times I close and open the client again.

And I also found out, when my character is on a map, mp3 file assigned to the map is locked and read only, but those that don't work are not.

• Content Count:  52

How about to try change your encoder/converter? i usually use Format Factory, you can change the bitrate in the output setting while choosing the file.

and its just normal if a Bgm is read only for a game, because the engine only need to read and dont need to write.

I tried Audition and Audacity with same results. I am going to try  Format Factory.