Multilingual

Pusteblume

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible, as with euro/fro, to make the client multilingual that the corresponding data be loaded in the client via a simple language selection. I took a closer look at the europe client but found no hints about how to change the language

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1096

14 hours ago, Pusteblume said:

I am currently using a client from 2013 I have now looked at a newer one from 2018 and have found there a service _ Korea folder and read which is loaded depending on the langtype of corresponding folder. Is that right? If so, can you change the language in the client with this order? And does this work with an older client?

No, you did not get me at all.

There is impossible (almost) to make a "please select your language" without writing a lot of code and writing custom programs for this purpose some kind of patchers or like that.

I wrote about the easy solution to your needs.

You need to do next:

1. prepare a game client for the English language
  2. prepare a game client for your native language or a language what you wish to deliver to players in the separate game folder
  3. you must have two different folders of two different game clients with two different languages
  4. Now create or SFX archive (self-extracted one with 7z SFX builders or tools like that) or much easier - google for inno setup or inno-setup like alternatives and try all of them.
  5. Almost all installer creation tools offer to you (who building the final installer) to add checkboxes where a player on the stage of installing your product can select what version of the client he wanted to pick. English or for example a French one.
  6. Because of deduplication of data, and if you will use solid archiving you can save pretty compressed archive which will be around the same as your original English one + files what translated to another language.  (this is an option inside installer setup tools)
  7. Now a player or any other guy run installer, and he sees: "To continue installation select a.) English; b.) French language" and a player will be forced to pick a version/language what he likes.
  8. Optionally you can create a bat script or PowerShell script which will do language switching by replacing or even re-downloading remotely files with correct translation per a language that you want.

The main thing that you must understand - there are no simple solutions. 

Edited by anacondaq

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1096

2 hours ago, Pusteblume said:

I would like to know if it is possible, as with euro/fro, to make the client multilingual that the corresponding data be loaded in the client via a simple language selection. I took a closer look at the europe client but found no hints about how to change the language

Possible. But on a stage of installer and only with pre-defined correct translation per language. On server-side also possible too, cydh did it long time ago, also in hercules this is built-in feature. 

Okay . I have no idea, how it work. Can you tell me how it works ? Server side is interesting, but First I want to know how the client thing works.

I am currently using a client from 2013 I have now looked at a newer one from 2018 and have found there a service _ Korea folder and read which is loaded depending on the langtype of corresponding folder. Is that right? If so, can you change the language in the client with this order? And does this work with an older client?

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  411

As anacondaq pointed, for the game data logic a launcher is your go.

9 hours ago, anacondaq said:

No, you did not get me at all.

There is impossible (almost) to make a "please select your language" without writing a lot of code and writing custom programs for this purpose some kind of patchers or like that.

I wrote about the easy solution to your needs.

You need to do next:

1. prepare a game client for the English language
  2. prepare a game client for your native language or a language what you wish to deliver to players in the separate game folder
  3. you must have two different folders of two different servers with two different languages
  4. Now create or SFX archive (self-extracted one with 7z SFX builders or tools like that) or much easier - google for inno setup or inno-setup like alternatives and try all of them.
  5. Almost all installer creation tools offer to you (who building the final installer) to add checkboxes where a player on the stage of installing your product can select what version of the client he wanted to pick. English or for example a French one.
  6. Because of deduplication of data, and if you will use solid archiving you can save pretty compressed archive which will be around the same as your original English one + files what translated to another language. 
  7. Now a player or a any other guy run installer, and he see: "To continue installation select a.) English; b.) French language" and a player will be forced to pick a version what he likes.
  8. Optionally you can create a bat script or PowerShell script which will do language switching by replacing or even re-downloading remotely files with correct translation per a language that you want.

The main thing that you must understand - there are no simple solutions. 

I understand. Thank you for your time to explain it in Detail. You have helped me a  lot.