Models: Custom Flag GR2

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14

Custom Flag GR2

Hello once again... ;]
Here to bring you guys this GR2 edit of the old guild flag that i've made years ago.

This release features a more high resolution mesh with a 2 sided flag, showing the emblem in both sides. It means that you can overlap 2 flags with 2 oposite directions to generate a  cool effect. You can do what you want.

The instalation:
- at jobname.lua/lub:
-- [jobtbl.JT_GUILD_FLAG] = "rapa_flag.gr2",

note that you cannot have the _1 at the end of de .gr2 filename since it brings the 3dmob_bones into action and we dont want that.

some cons:
- since it is a high res model it takes longer to load ( affects map loading time )
- the positioning of a 3D gr2 mob is always very glichy, for example the final position after movement is diferent from deafault 8 directional.. so you can come up with some ideas to position it right. For example, doing a OnInit: walknpc... to make it walk to the direction you want it to face...

Video: ( Was recording other stuff but the model appear on screen, don't mind what i'm doing... )

Spoiler

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/02/2019
  • Category
  • Video
  • Content Author
    raPalooza

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  148

On 5/2/2019 at 8:38 PM, rapalooza said:

Custom Flag GR2

Hello once again... ;]
Here to bring you guys this GR2 edit of the old guild flag that i've made years ago.

This release features a more high resolution mesh with a 2 sided flag, showing the emblem in both sides. It means that you can overlap 2 flags with 2 oposite directions to generate a  cool effect. You can do what you want.

The instalation:
- at jobname.lua/lub:
-- [jobtbl.JT_GUILD_FLAG] = "rapa_flag.gr2",

note that you cannot have the _1 at the end of de .gr2 filename since it brings the 3dmob_bones into action and we dont want that.

some cons:
- since it is a high res model it takes longer to load ( affects map loading time )
- the positioning of a 3D gr2 mob is always very glichy, for example the final position after movement is diferent from deafault 8 directional.. so you can come up with some ideas to position it right. For example, doing a OnInit: walknpc... to make it walk to the direction you want it to face...

Video: ( Was recording other stuff but the model appear on screen, don't mind what i'm doing... )

Reveal hidden contents

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/02/2019
  • Category
  • Video

• Content Author
    raPalooza

How to use this?

• 3 weeks later...

On 7/12/2019 at 4:53 PM, Forshaken said:

How to use this?

Put the file rapa_flag.gr2 in your data/model/3dmob/ folder...
Than you modify jobname.lua/lub wich is located inside \data\luafiles514\lua files\datainfo\
at this line [jobtbl.JT_GUILD_FLAG] = "rapa_fla
g.gr2", <- the gr2 file would have the orignal flag name which I forgot but you got the point...

Hope you get it ;]

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  148

On 7/29/2019 at 8:18 PM, rapalooza said:

Than you modify jobname.lua/lub wich is located inside \data\luafiles514\lua files\datainfo\
g.gr2", <- the gr2 file would have the orignal flag name which I forgot but you got the point...

Hope you get it ;]

I already followed the steps that you gave to me but still the original flag sprite is showing , not the new one.

On 7/29/2019 at 8:18 PM, rapalooza said:

Hope you get it ;]

and also i tried to change the rapa_flag.gr2 into guildflag90_1.gr2 but this happens.

image.thumb.png.2ebf9e84a2118717438770d1f89092d3.png

• 2 weeks later...

@Forshaken
Hum... very estrange behaviour. The _1 on the name link's the model to a bone structure present on data. Renaming it to any name without the _1 should keep it from using bones and thus keeping it on it's straight up original position.

Can anyone else confirm this behaviour? I might have changed something else for it to work...

• 10 months later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4

On 12/07/2019 at 16:53, Forshaken said:

Como usar isso?

On 02/05/2019 at 13:38, rapalooza said:

Bandeira personalizada GR2

Olá mais uma vez ...;]
Aqui para trazer a vocês esta edição em GR2 da antiga bandeira da guilda que eu fiz anos atrás.

Esta versão apresenta uma malha de mais alta resolução com uma bandeira de 2 lados, mostrando o emblema nos dois lados. Isso significa que você pode sobrepor 2 sinalizadores com 2 direções opostas para gerar um efeito interessante. Você pode fazer o que você quiser.

A instalação:
- em jobname.lua / lub:
- [jobtbl.JT_GUILD_FLAG] = "rapa_flag.gr2",

note que você não pode ter o _1 no final do nome do arquivo .gr2, pois ele coloca o 3dmob_bones em ação e não queremos isso.

alguns contras:
- como é um modelo de alta resolução, leva mais tempo para carregar (afeta o tempo de carregamento do mapa)
- o posicionamento de uma multidão 3D do gr2 é sempre muito glichy, por exemplo, a posição final após o movimento é diferente da direcional da surdez. para que você possa ter algumas idéias para posicioná-lo corretamente. Por exemplo, executando um OnInit: walknpc ... para fazê-lo caminhar na direção que você deseja que ele enfrente ...

Vídeo: (Estava gravando outras coisas, mas o modelo aparece na tela, não se importe com o que estou fazendo ...)

Hide contents

• Submitter
  • Submetido
    02/02/2019
  • Categoria
  • Vídeo

• Autor do Conteúdo
    raPalooza

Hello man, I am creating a server, I can leave it online I can enter the map and etc but when I get close to a guild flag this error occurs to me. Can any of you help me?  Guildflag90_1.gr2 - model/3dmob/guildflag90_1.gr2

image.png.aaabea9e92bd1eb1e96735e3e452f8fa.png

Well, you might want to follow the instalation...
changing the name of the flag file in the lua files, its kinda required since the default data has some unwanted animations for the default flag filename.

Since we're changing it to a diferent value, the bone animation is not there, and therefor it uses the baked-in animation of the file.

Make sure you are using at least 2018 clients since i did not test on previous ones.

All the best...