Item additional random options

Seravy

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  176

I have two item random groups, one that adds a weapon element and another that adds a small random stat bonus.

How do I specify I want a drop to have one ability from each of these groups? So when the item drops, it can be, Fire Property and STR +2 or Water Property and LUK+2 etc? (one ability per group added)

mob_drop.txt isn't clear about the syntax for adding more than one option per item. I could add multiple abilities per line in item_randomopt_group.txt but then I need a new group defined for each combination of groups and need to list all possible cases (so 8 elements * 6 stats = 48 cases). This might work for simple cases but if I wanted 3 abilities each from a group that has 12 possibilities then it's 12*12*12 over 1000 lines, so I rather not do it that way if I can avoid it.

• Upvote 1

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625

Currently it's like you described it, you need to clarify every possibility for the random option group. But me and someone else (can't remember) requested a better layout of these files so it's easier to add random options.
It was about the Vicious Mind Weapons and their enchants. I wrote down every possible combination and decided afterwards to make a custom enchanter for these weapons until that system is overhauled.

I still have these files, but don't wanna look inside of them anymore xD.

Regards,
Chris