suggesting A plugin system for rathena.

mirabell

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  197

It would be nice to have a plugin system or some sort of system that would allow you to transfer your custom src edits easily. 

Example i currently use stormbreaker and a custom title system, pretty nice mod but any time i update my svn its a headache to get it working again. It be nice to be able to add the custom mods to the server as easy as dragging a custom folder to src and compiling. Not sure if rathena does or can support this.

Thank you

Edited by mirabell
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Content Moderator
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1676

ahh i didn't see that one. It would definitely help reduce help topic and error reporting that sometimes is mistaken  due to server customs

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109

Yeah I was kind of surprised with the new rewrite into c++ that a plugin manager wasn't added for source edits that way it would be easier to port plugins and keep them separate and be able to manage them easily as well as add them in. Cause currently the way things are every new patch the source edits have to completely be redone making it a pain for people selling source modifications and the people who bought them.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  135

On 4/18/2019 at 5:19 PM, TrueNoir said:

Yeah I was kind of surprised with the new rewrite into c++ that a plugin manager wasn't added for source edits that way it would be easier to port plugins and keep them separate and be able to manage them easily as well as add them in. Cause currently the way things are every new patch the source edits have to completely be redone making it a pain for people selling source modifications and the people who bought them.

to avoid it you can use stash from github until they doesn't release plugin system, i think it will take more 6 months until someone take care of it.

i already do that, but sometimes if the changes are to big it wont pop back and you get conflicts