What is needed to make a japanese server?

confodere

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1

So, I invited some friends from college to play ragnarok. However, we are studying japanese and everybody decided that it would be better to focus on every japanese option we could.

However, jRO has those problems with IP, so I decided to make a private server in japanese.

What is needed to change the language? Is editing the GRF necessary? Is there a way to make japanese input?

Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  40

Well you´d need to have all the NPCs Translated or get them from somewhere.

For Clientside, youll need those Translations aswell.

2   | SERVICETYPE_JAPAN      | japan            

Edited by trickerytrickery

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  109

On 3/18/2019 at 10:56 PM, confodere said:

So, I invited some friends from college to play ragnarok. However, we are studying japanese and everybody decided that it would be better to focus on every japanese option we could.

However, jRO has those problems with IP, so I decided to make a private server in japanese.

What is needed to change the language? Is editing the GRF necessary? Is there a way to make japanese input?

Thanks in advance.

Well the main thing is just the client translations unless your looking for all the quest npc's to be in japanese too. As far as I know there's no  japanese full translations of quests unless there's a aegis  floating  around that was from JRO but it would be pretty far out of date if you can even find one. But with a set of japanese client files you could play pretty much on any server you wanted.

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  763

You will need a japanese translation for NPC'S and japanese msg_conf server side. As for client you can mainly use the client files of jRO and convert the id's of the client item data from text -> to lua ( if you're going to use kRO Clients )
I do have my own private japanese translation project i have finish most basic NPC's, msg_conf and jRO's adventure academy. Basically you need to start from scratch if you want a japanese language server