Gospel double SP

Arthas

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7

Hey everybody, I don't know if this is the place to ask this, but I've been surfing through different sections and can't find an answer. I'm currently in a pre-renewal server and for the first time the double SP buff from Gospel is acting different, it won't give me the x2 SP I was expecting, I have a bit less than 3k of sp with Service for You, equipment and cards, but when I get the gospel double sp bonus I barely reach around 4.7k

I'm guessing the gospel buff is only giving me the x2 of my base sp and not the one from equipment or cards and that's why the number is so low... but is the first time I ever run into the script working this way. Is it normal? Was there a change in some episode that might be causing this? The server is supposed to be in 13.2.

I tried looking the script directly, but I'm not that familiar with c++ so I couldn't investigate further than

case 4: // MaxSP +100%
  sc_start(ss, bl, SC_INCMSPRATE, 100, 100, time);
  if (tsd) clif_gospel_info(tsd, 0x18);
  break;

and those lines of code do not quite answer my problem, I can't see if the whole SP is getting doubled or just a fraction. It also won't answer why I always ran into Gospels that would double my whole sp and in this server in particular it won't. I'm guessing is related to the episode or something like that.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

8 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  228

Did you compare

gospel without (sp increasing card equip item usable)

gospel with (sp increasing card equip item usable)

and see if it bring any different?

if it did then that gospel may change only base MSP rather than total MSP

Yeah... that's what I suspected and just checked is actually what is happening, only base SP is being doubled. Is the first time I ever run into a gospel that only doubles base SP instead the whole deal, why is that?? Does renewal script work that way and my server hasn't changed it back to pre-renewal? Has gospel always doubled only base SP and it just happen that all the servers I've played before had the script changed?? I don't understand why this server is the first one I ever ran into that only doubles the base SP instead the whole thing. The other knowledgeable players I've talked with about this weird gospel thing have all agreed with me it should be doubling the whole SP and not only the base.

Can anyone tell me why is happening this?? And maybe direct me where the script of the math calculation of the double sp gospel buff is.

Thank you

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  154

under 

UNT_GOSPEL skil.c

case 4: // MaxSP +100%
						sc_start(ss,bl,SC_INCMSPRATE,100,100,time);
						if (tsd) clif->gospel_info(tsd, 0x18);
						break;

status.c

if(sc->data[SC_INCMSPRATE])
				bonus += sc->data[SC_INCMSPRATE]->val1;

HMM well according to this i can see why you may have your problem 

You could try adding this at the top of the sp section

static int status_get_spbonus(struct block_list *bl, enum e_status_bonus type) {
unsigned int maxsp

then adding this to the formula

status->max_sp

or

maxsp

(maxsp may not work but status->max_sp should)

Edited by lllaaazzz

That script could work, yeah... but I'm not really the admin of the emulator, I need to know if gospel should or should not apply to the whole SP and not just the base, so I can tell the admin to change it. Because I told him about the so called 'bug' and he told me everything is working the way it should, but I'm pretty sure it isn't, since I never, ever ran into this type of gospel before. And this isn't the first script the staff got wrong, so I need some solid arguments to make them see the gospel is working wrong.

Thanks for all the help so far guys ?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  154

27 minutes ago, Arthas said:

That script could work, yeah... but I'm not really the admin of the emulator, I need to know if gospel should or should not apply to the whole SP and not just the base, so I can tell the admin to change it. Because I told him about the so called 'bug' and he told me everything is working the way it should, but I'm pretty sure it isn't, since I never, ever ran into this type of gospel before. And this isn't the first script the staff got wrong, so I need some solid arguments to make them see the gospel is working wrong.

Thanks for all the help so far guys ?

Well ill tell you this

Im on hercules emulator and when i use gospel, the bonus sp doubles the sp from items like Mage Hat

And when i compare rathena to hercules, I can see why you would have a problem 

The problem is rathena then?? The gospel double sp formula is different somehow... that would explain a lot. If more people could confirm that, it'd be great.

And how can I know which one is the correct one?? Because if rathena has the gospel double sp script working that way from scratch, I think the admin will hold on to that and never let go, even if all the other emulators and servers have gospel doubling the whole sp and not just base.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  228

On 2/7/2019 at 10:18 PM, Arthas said:

The problem is rathena then?? The gospel double sp formula is different somehow... that would explain a lot. If more people could confirm that, it'd be great.

And how can I know which one is the correct one?? Because if rathena has the gospel double sp script working that way from scratch, I think the admin will hold on to that and never let go, even if all the other emulators and servers have gospel doubling the whole sp and not just base.

So why don't you go and remake the formula and prove this "admin" your formula works better than what rathena currently has??? 

It's never the how turn down people, it's the why...

if the why is not stronger than how ... sad...

• Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  176

And how can I know which one is the correct one??

Someone has to try on the official servers.