How to edit palettes?

Seravy

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  176

I have a huge pack of palettes but sometimes I still don't find one I like for my character so I thought "hey, it's really trivial to edit a palette, might as well make it.". Or so I was thinking...

I opened up my palettes grf in grfeditor, and realized each class have their own. That's fine I guess, makes sense, but is there a guide which "name" is which class? I can't read "Korean" that doesn't even use Korean characters to display to make it worse, otherwise at least google translate could be of some use.

Then, I have a pal file selected, the editor shows me the contents, I can click "select sprite" and select the spr file for the class I want to edit and it actually shows me how it looks with that palette. So now all I would need to do is click on a color and pick another but...that doesn't seem to be a thing. So how else do I tell Grfeditor "I want this color to be that color instead in that pal file"? Or if that's not an option what else am I supposed to do to edit the palette (preferably while applied to the image so I see what I'm doing...)

Editor is 1.8.2.4, not sure if that's new or old, maybe I need newer?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet