How to merge custom item descriptions with update?

Seravy

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  176

It seems that my updated client is actually working as intended (until it crashes again for another reason but let's hope there is no more of that) but I still have one major problem.

How do I merge my custom item descriptions (I changed the effects of about 500 standard items so far, mostly outdated, weak cards and weapons) into the new file automatically? Manual is obviously not an option for this quantity of text... how to people do this normally? I assume I do need the updated file and can't just use the old one because there are likely new items added? It also seems to have some other changes, like each entry now has costume=false on it which my old file doesn't have.

Also, this new client seems to show "there was an error when loading data account settings (please restart to retry)", does that mean anything? I logged in fine so there can't be a problem with loading accounts...

Edited by Seravy

3 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2044

7 hours ago, Seravy said:

How do I merge my custom item descriptions (I changed the effects of about 500 standard items so far, mostly outdated, weak cards and weapons) into the new file automatically? Manual is obviously not an option for this quantity of text... how to people do this normally?

exactly what you said, and that's the reason why some server stuck at certain revision because they don't have the time to update their server files
so when they stop update the server --> server getting out of new juice --> because everyone release new stuffs only with latest server revision ->players left to join other private server to enjoy new stuffs --> server shut down ... hahaha

7 hours ago, Seravy said:

Also, this new client seems to show "there was an error when loading data account settings (please restart to retry)", does that mean anything? I logged in fine so there can't be a problem with loading accounts...

everyone seems to suppress this warning at msgstringtable.txt

• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  303

You could try creating a diff. Another option is to use Server Database Editor (http://www.mediafire.com/download/p0zhcc8ipa6cjt3). It has a feature to autogenerate clientside descriptions. You can test it yourself, it's pretty great.

• Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  176

Oh, I am using SDE. Let's try... 1.1.8.8.? That's newer than mine, which is 1.1.8.5. So..rightclick and "autocomplete", is that it? Ok, this added the attack, level, job etc information which is great but the most important part the actual effects of the item (the script) it did not.

Ok so it does seem like manual is the only way? So...every single entry now has "costume=false" added and there are some changes to the main() at the end of the file. Can I ignore this? If yes that means I "only" need to find the new items that have new descriptions and copy those into the file that already has my own items. There can't be that many relevant new items added in 6 months, right? I need to actually check and adjust them anyway eventually so it's good to know what's new.  Let's see, so if I compare the old and new itemdb files by content, I can spot which lines are new, and those are the items whose descriptions I need to add, is that right?

Edit : up to item 13332 I haven't yet found a single new item that doesn't already have the description in the iteminfo file although over half of them are Korean. I guess this update didn't contain any new item descriptions somehow...or maybe SDE just found them in a file and added them without me ever noticing... ok 13345 is missing but it's Koren so there is no point adding it anyway. No I guess it's best to just ignore the descriptions until I actually find a new item that can drop in the game that doesn't have one.

Edited by Seravy