client crash or poring after adding custom mobs? here try this

thunginamue

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27

I don't know where to put this so i put it here, i'm new here tho and i'm new to creating server and new to scripting and everything but i'm making my own server and fixing it my own etc so here it is.

1. after adding your custom mobs your client crash.

2. it shows poring.

fix:

1.find this both NPCIdentity.lub, jobname.lub at data/luafiles514/lua files/datainfo

2.find this both npcidentity.lub, jobname.lub at data/luafiles514/lua files/datainfo

3.they are located in different GRF, just like mine.(maybe client crash because you put you custom mob in the  other but you didnt put in the other, maybe this applies to old client mine is 2015)

look for that 4 files separate them in each folder for they overwrite each other. because they dont have the same content on it, it will break ur server if you overwrite those, so be careful on adding them, just add ur custom mob in those 4 files accordingly, they have different types of encoding so follow that in every file..

then ur good to go :3

3 answers to this question

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  763

Your should just only edit your custom grf. No need to edit the others for a custom mob. :)) since your own custom grf is always first priority.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27

as for my client it detects all i tried puting only at my custom.grf already client crashes, i tried just putting in data.grf still crashes client or poring, then when i put all 4 of it, it fixes everything, all 4 of them have different encoding only jobname.lua is same but NPCIdentity.lub and npcidentity.lub is different, but even tho jobname.lub is same if i dont put the mob in the other client still crashes..
so thats why i posted it , maybe someone is having a client like mine, and a problem like mine..

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  862

In some reasons the new lua functions causes errors. I just replaced the npcidentify_f.lub and jobname_f.lub with an old 2013 lua function file and everything is working.

Rynbef~