Althezier

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20

Hello! :)

I have some general questions and I hope you guys can help me, here we go:

I) When I set the server to be Pre-Renewal in the /config, which episode does it load? Is it Episode 11.3, Episode 12 or Episode 13.1? Because as far as I'm concerned, the Renewal system came into play in Episode 13.2, right?

II) Taking into consideration that I want to run a Pre-Renewal server, is it still possible to use all the available sprites from the latest updated kRO client (like sprites for NPCs and Mobs), items icons and stuff like that?

III) Let's suppose I want to work with new monsters, NPCs, items, do I have to make everything manually or are there tools to makes things easier? I know there are like NPC Scrip Editors, Server Database Editors, Act Editor, but sometimes I just get lost and don't get the full purpose of those tools...

IV) Also about question III, if I come to create new mobs, npcs, items, their descriptions, etc... I always have to make them server and client-side, is that correct? When it comes to server side it's easier, but client-side, how am I supposed to work with that? How can I change the client with the modifications I want? I mean, what tools do I have to use? Since I also want to create new spells, and I know I have to implement them in both client and server.

I think that's it for now, thanks in advance guys!

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  154

1)Its whatever client you picked, if you asked me what would happen if you chose a 20 yr old client and ran it with today rathena you would probably be missing a bunch of textures and models , errors and errors. But episode really shouldnt matter if you know what your doing or what you plan on doing? 

2)Yeah im working on a "pre-renewal" server but still using all my third job stuff

3)browedit for maps, act editor for everything that isnt part of the map, grf editor for your grf

those are my main tools but i use things like GatWalker(its in RMS tools) to help me build my minimaps and unbollox to help me find things in my GRF (unbollox translates korean to english really helpful), I use SPR_Conviewer to unpack sprites, Notepad ++ , Winrar and photoshop. . . . 

4)Yep, you need to add your stuff to your GRF, then in the ENGLISH grf you need to give your stuff names and ids for rathena to pull and react to, this is the worst step because youll find yourself sitting in visual studio watching your thing recompile 100 times just to try and get something right, and you dont let yourself over do it cause you dont wanna make a mistake... god i hate this part

• Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  228

On 1/8/2019 at 9:02 PM, Althezier said:

Hello! ?

I have some general questions and I hope you guys can help me, here we go:

I think that's it for now, thanks in advance guys!

1. Into the Unknown ep (13.2)   Note:might be wrong!

2. You gonna have a tons of work to do if you want renewal mob item npc in pre-Renewal server.

3. asking and learning that's why this forum existed. 

Manually learn to do things,  just like developing stuff... no automation apart from the tools mentions from post above.

since I don't think rathena has a switch coded for moving renewal stuff (quest etc) directly into pre-renewal

4.  Just clone from renewal database into prerenewal database that's all except for itemscript  and monster skill and npc script 

Notepad plus ( mass replace or search) , Sublime 3 ( text editing programming ) , Beyond Compare(file and folder diff'ing)

Visual studio 2017 community for compiling

tortoise git for pulling git of rathena

Grf Editor to view content of grf 

while packing up with gf.exe (ancient grf tool)

On a side note:

Enjoy your stay here while tossing all your questions into support section or request section... 
bright and kind person might be helping...