Hello again rAthena - Looking for some feedback on RO Hosting

JLtd

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  0

Hi everyone, my name is J.

I've played RO and hosted at least 5 different private RO servers over than span of many years. I've started with eAthena and then moved onto rAthena/Hercules.

I have been away for a long time due to work and finally found some free time to get back into RO.

My day job is back-end software engineer and I have been interested in building a community driven RO hosting service for a while now.

I had a few question regarding RO hosting to the rA community:

1. If I were to build one, am I allowed to advertise it here in forums?
2. What features are you guys looking from a competent RO hosting service provider?
3. What kind of server specs / prize range would you be interested in?
4. What kind of server geo locations are you interested in?

We use Amazon Web Services (AWS) a lot at our work and I thought their vps cloud platform would be an ideal place to host the RO server instances.

You would be able to choose any one of these locations around the world: US East (N. Virginia), US East (Ohio), US West (Oregon), Canada (Central), Europe (Frankfurt), Europe (Ireland), Europe (London), Europe (Paris), Asia Pacific (Mumbai), Asia Pacific (Singapore), Asia Pacific (Sydney), Asia Pacific (Tokyo), Asia Pacific (Seoul).

I am thinking of developing a custom control panel for server management and billing right from the site's account panel. Accept payment via paypal and possibly cryptocurrency?
Users will have the choice of creating server with one of these option:

• Blank (lightweight server only with SSH access)
  • OS + rAthena + MySQL server
  • OS + rAthena + MySQL + Web server

And optionally you can choose to add a lightweight desktop environment to connect via remote desktop connection and visually manage your server.

It's an absolute pleasure to join this community again and I hope to hear your thoughts and feedback on my ambition above.

Thanks.

• Upvote 2