Can't connect on server

Luigi

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7

Hello everybody.

I just put my server online on a external VPS server. It is running nice and players are able to join. The problem is that I CAN'T join my own server. I think is there something with my inter net configuration, because I use the apartment local network.

It's like that, the land lord set a internet connection for every apartment in the building and I use it to connect to my own router.

internet connection >> building routers >> my router >> pc

When I try to connect I am able to login and after I select the server the communications are stopped and I can't connect to char server and login, char and map server are all setted with the server wan ip.

My sclientinfo.xml is setted with server wan ip and I tried every sort of subnet_masks and it changes nothing.

My last try was making a ssh tunnel to the server, changing my sclientinfo.xml to 127.0.0.1 and I could make it into the char server, but failed to join map server.

Can anyone help me fixing this?

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

• Content Count:  102

18 hours ago, Luigi said:

Hello everybody.

I just put my server online on a external VPS server. It is running nice and players are able to join. The problem is that I CAN'T join my own server. I think is there something with my inter net configuration, because I use the apartment local network.

It's like that, the land lord set a internet connection for every apartment in the building and I use it to connect to my own router.

internet connection >> building routers >> my router >> pc

When I try to connect I am able to login and after I select the server the communications are stopped and I can't connect to char server and login, char and map server are all setted with the server wan ip.

My sclientinfo.xml is setted with server wan ip and I tried every sort of subnet_masks and it changes nothing.

My last try was making a ssh tunnel to the server, changing my sclientinfo.xml to 127.0.0.1 and I could make it into the char server, but failed to join map server.

Can anyone help me fixing this?

Thanks!

try to use your ip from cmd "ipconfig /all"

No changes ?

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  292

Have you tried using a VPN ? Sounds like the "building routers" firewall does not allow communiction on ports you require for connecting to your server. (I've that problem too, I have to use a VPN if I want to use ports other than 80/443 ... )

Yay, I did it. 

I took all the subnet information and it worked, don't know why ahha

Thanks anyway!!