bug skill points reset

kukas9

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  37

Apparently it is happening with a class, Hunter and his evolutions, in the point distribution interface when he clicks "Apply" to confirm the distribution of points he resets, and when "Cancel" he applies, I do not know if he is a client or server , anyone have any ideas?

7 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2

Just run throught something similar. My character was unable to apply any change made on the 2nd job skill tree, even the quest skill.

I edited the database to substract a skill point that made me unable to change job. But the database keep a track on wich level i changed job. And that why everything goes wrong, after editing the level of change job in the database everything return to normal. 

• Upvote 1

up

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  924

Unequipped all equipment maybe you equipped some Archer skills item scripts.

9 hours ago, MYen said:

Just run throught something similar. My character was unable to apply any change made on the 2nd job skill tree, even the quest skill.

I edited the database to substract a skill point that made me unable to change job. But the database keep a track on wich level i changed job. And that why everything goes wrong, after editing the level of change job in the database everything return to normal. 

ok, Myen, i try it

8 hours ago, TARTs said:

I just have knife and cotton shirt, but i uneqquipped all, and same problem

10 hours ago, MYen said:

9 hours ago, TARTs said:

I decided to use the direct source of rathena and the database clean, now I need to find out what I edited to give this problem, the source or the database, in the end I will post the error

15 hours ago, MYen said:

I solved here, thanks, it was my database

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2

I found that if, you are able to change job without using all your skill points, this mess up the following job.

Because the game think you are trying to use skill point from your previous job to up your skill.

In order to prevent this i've made a modification on the job master custom NPC. He will not prevent you to change job if you have unused skill points, just asking you if you want to proceed, knowing that you will lose them forever. Then joblevel you down by your unused skill point amount right before the job change take effect.

I add my modified version here, in case someone is interested.

jobmaster.txt