Client 2018 can't read encrypted GRFs

Gorder

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31

Hi everyone,

I have a question about Encrypting GRF files.

• I'm updating my client from 2015 to 2018 and used GRF Editor to encrypt my GRFs.
  • After that I generated a new Ragexe & cps.dll to read the encrypted GRF files
  • However, the Ragexe is unable to read the GRFs.

I'm currently using client 20180530bRagexeRe. Do you have any solution problem? (I have no problem with this when using client 2015)

Edited by Gorder

5 answers to this question

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  763

Are you sure you set it up well? Like trying to run the client without encryption first and worked. or try sending a screenshot of error maybe we'll get the hint of idea what is your error.

Are you sure you set it up well? Like trying to run the client without encryption first and worked. or try sending a screenshot of error maybe we'll get the hint of idea what is your error.

Without encryption, the client runs really smooth and I have no errors. But After I encrypted the GRF, the Ragexe (generated with cps.dll using the same encryption key used for the GRF) is unable to read it. It doesn't read any of the files in the GRF at all. I will post somes pictures when I get home. ?

@crazyarashi I have learned that client 20180530 can't read encrypted GRF files so I'm switching to a different client now.

Edited by Gorder

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1096

This is absolutely incorrect. I have tested 2018 clients, and 2017, and both works very well with GRF Editor feature. 

I think you need unencrypt whole GRF one more time, extract all files, add these files to a new GRF,
and do not forget to have THE SAME name of .exe what you have used when generated cps.dll. 

@AnacondaqqFor some reasons, mine is not working. I switched to 20160620 as @Haziel suggested and it's working fine now.   :)

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  60

I am using 20160620e ragexe Re. but  unfotunately grf editor encryption did not work for me. Whenever I start the client, It will not display the client and the process is running as a background process in task manager. but when I use a non encrypted grf  the client work fine. How did you make it work? can you send me the unpacked client that you use  @Gorder