Map Graphics Bug

Mina-chan

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  134

Hi! Recently I uploaded my first map to Rathena! But I have a problem. Whenever I rotate the camera, endless graphic glitches appear randomly in front of the screen, sometimes only allowing me to see my health bar.

The graphic glitches can be either ground textures or distorted "lines", as you can see here:

Spoiler

unknown.png
when it should look like:
unknown.png

Spoiler

image.png.3de14e4179fc26411fdb8a527306f342.png

Spoiler

image.png.41e61198fbdaf23b6bcef0db2beeed5e.png

It's the same bug as in: https://rathena.org/board/topic/108280-help-map-problem/

I'll provide as much information as I can.
Map details:
image.png.df13efb1f9806494a47ed4a084be04e6.png
image.png.eab4d979dab0392113a5199ef2e588fe.png

- I started working on ama_fild01, since it already had most of the textures that I wanted. I simply cleaned everything except for the terrain, which was eventually almost completely replaced, even if I used almost the same set of textures the map already had.
- It's a 200x200 map.
- I'm not sure when the bug started. When I started making the map and I tested it, it was working fine (although I started working on it on another computer). I also started working on it in Browedit 620, but I eventually moved to 586.
- It appeared before any lightmap was made, but for some reason, it was termporarily fixed right after applying the lightmaps (only to appear again at a random time recently).
- Graphic Glitch also happens in the computers of friends who have tested it.
- When I disable "Trilinear", it get fixed (but I have to disable it in \beginner eathena V4\data\OptionInfo.lua , Trilinear = 0 , since disabling it in game doesn't seem to work). But for some reason, Trilinear activates itself and goes back to "1" after a while.
- It was temporarily fixed in a friend's server, but recently the problem appeared again. We're not sure what's the cause, but apparently updating the client version has something to do with it.
- I can't copy and paste the map on a new one to see if it still happens, since Browedit (586 or 620) crashes upon attempting it, and the size is already the biggest one (200x200).
- I have an nVidia 750ti graphics card. Is it possible this isn't map related, but graphics card related?

Maybe related:

Spoiler

unknown.png

I'm not sure if this has any relationship to it (if it doesn't, it doesn't matter x3). This happens when "lights" are on in Browedit, and I try to apply the green field texture on this side of the map. When I apply it anywhere else on the border it's black, it's black, except for this part with the shape of an "L" on the border, that has "rainbow" colors when a texture is applied on it. Upon disabling "lights", the "effect" disappears. It doesn't seem to change by remaking the lightmaps.

Thank you so much i advance for any kind of help! It'd be much appreciated, since I worked on this map for hundreds of hours.

UPDATE

For some reason, the graphic glitch is gone, with "trilinear" either disabled or enabled... Just in case I restarted the computer, and tested it again, but it's still working fine. I'm not sure what triggered it earlier, but after testing it a lot, everything is functioning perfectly o.o; I haven't done any change to the map, though... simply disabled "trilinear", and having it enabled or disabled now doesn't make the glitch appear. Still, I'd like to know exactly what causes this, since I'd really like to use and offer this map, and I'm afraid it may cause nuissances on those who may use it on their servers.

UPDATE 2

Forget about trilinear on/off... it wasn't that, the map even looks better when the option is on.

What I did was:

image.png

Apparently, I got confused because Opensetup and Setup were conflicting with one another. But I have the problem 100% solved when I choose my graphics card (it worked only after deleting Setup.exe).

1. Download Opensetup.exe
2. Delete Setup.exe.
3. Choose your graphics card over Direct3D options.
4. Just in case, save the same options as both "REG" and "LUA" (the lower left icons).
5. Apply!

I'll keep testing this, but apparently everything is perfect so far!

Edited by Mina-chan

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  84

Now I test and confirm. Just default ama_fild01 zoomed and opened without Direct3D HAL:

Spoiler

bIjGhEF.gif

There are no custom objects, textures, some changes, etc.

34CG6Xn.png

+ are working good options (first NVIDIA GeForse hides [Direct3D HAL] too I suppose); - are non-working options.
Knowing this, it's hard to believe that players faced such a problem only on your map : )

With the rest of the parameters, the map looks good : ) These "rainbow" lights in the edge of map will disappear as soon as you reopen the map in Browedit, just a visual bug.

Edited by w0wZukuBg
  • Love 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  134

On 8/16/2018 at 4:55 PM, w0wZukuBg said:

Now I test and confirm. Just default ama_fild01 zoomed and opened without Direct3D HAL:

Hide contents

bIjGhEF.gif

There are no custom objects, textures, some changes, etc.

34CG6Xn.png

+ are working good options (first NVIDIA GeForse hides [Direct3D HAL] too I suppose); - are non-working options.
Knowing this, it's hard to believe that players faced such a problem only on your map : )

With the rest of the parameters, the map looks good : ) These "rainbow" lights in the edge of map will disappear as soon as you reopen the map in Browedit, just a visual bug.

First, I'm very sorry for the late reply!
Thank you so much, you've helped me a lot! ; w ; I needed to confirm that it was a problem with those video cards. The problem disappears when Direct3D options are avoided ^^