job_db2 questions

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4

I'm wandering through the job_db2.txt file to help me create a much more customized job_exp.txt and...  Well there's some things that I'm not sure what the purpose of are.  This isn't super important, but I'm a curious type.

Example:  For all the 3-1/2 classes, why is there a job number for "xxxx (Regular)" and "xxxx (Trans)" ....  Isn't it not (defaultly) possible to have a 3-1/2 job that hasn't been transcended?   

What is "Gangsi (Bongun/Munak)" "Death Knight" and "Dark Collector" for?

I apologize if these are stupid questions, but.. I haven't had contact with RO for WELL over 10 years.   I'm a little out of the loop, lol.

Thanks!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  86

Gangsi is an expanded 1-1 job specialized in the capturing and training of pets. It was supposed to have the appearance similar to that of a Munak, and the job would have skills that allowed to turn into a Munak or a Bongun. The 2-1 and 2-2 jobs relative to Gangsi would be Death Knight and Dark Collector, respectively. The first, a warrior, whereas the second a black magic, mind controlling job.

I first heard of these jobs in around 2009, but they were dropped in kRO.

As to why there are duplicate 3rd jobs, I can't tell. What I know is that the Regular 3rd jobs lack several 2nd job skills.

Edited by Tyrfing

• Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  208

From what I know you can become 3rd Jobs without being Trans but you lack trans skills. There really isnt a benefit to this other than getting to 3rd job without rebirthing.

• Upvote 2