Extended Mob ID View Beyond #3999

jTynne

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  399

Howdy,

This is something that I've wanted to see for a number of years. Those of us who have created hundreds of custom monsters eventually run into the same issue once we run out of available IDs: We're limited to using IDs under 3999 for custom monsters, otherwise they will display as a Poring, or overwrite an official monster.

Outside of Xray or Aesir, has anyone developed a working method to extend the monster view IDs beyond the default 1001-3999?

I know that several years ago NEMO had a patch for this, however, it didn't work and thus was removed from the repository, and to my knowledge, no one ever picked it up and got it working, or, created a viable alternative.

If anyone could point me toward a working means to get this feature working with the game client, I'd be most appreciative, or know someone who could be commissioned to perform this task.

Many thanks in advance. /no1

7 answers to this question

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1443

talked in discord a bit, seems this is a limitation of clients before a certain date in 2017, sometime after june at least

• Love 1

1 hour ago, jTynne said:

Howdy,

This is something that I've wanted to see for a number of years. Those of us who have created hundreds of custom monsters eventually run into the same issue once we run out of available IDs: We're limited to using IDs under 3999 for custom monsters, otherwise they will display as a Poring, or overwrite an official monster.

Outside of Xray or Aesir, has anyone developed a working method to extend the monster view IDs beyond the default 1001-3999?

I know that several years ago NEMO had a patch for this, however, it didn't work and thus was removed from the repository, and to my knowledge, no one ever picked it up and got it working, or, created a viable alternative.

If anyone could point me toward a working means to get this feature working with the game client, I'd be most appreciative, or know someone who could be commissioned to perform this task.

Many thanks in advance. /no1

the new LUA formatting of newer clients allows mobs past 3999, there seems to be a hard limit on some of the clients still my old 2013 client had a limit of 12305 or something like that, when i updated to 2015 that limit seems to be removed but I'm not sure of what the new limit is.

-feels like I'm stalking you..... 3 responses to you in a row

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Stolao said:

the new LUA formatting of newer clients allows mobs past 3999, there seems to be a hard limit on some of the clients still my old 2013 client had a limit of 12305 or something like that, when i updated to 2015 that limit seems to be removed but I'm not sure of what the new limit is.

-feels like I'm stalking you..... 3 responses to you in a row

Stalk on! :3

I noticed the LUA stuff and tried getting it to work a year ago with the June 2017 client, but couldn't get past the 3999 limit without custom monsters displaying as Porings. Hrm.

6 minutes ago, jTynne said:

Stalk on! :3

I noticed the LUA stuff and tried getting it to work a year ago with the June 2017 client, but couldn't get past the 3999 limit without custom monsters displaying as Porings. Hrm.

you probably made mistake in adding them, monsters begin again at 25000

JT_EVENT_MON_BEGIN = 25000,

files thats need adding to are

jobname.lub
jobidentity.lub
NPCIdentity.lub

also ofc need the files in right part of the grf

9 minutes ago, Stolao said:

files thats need adding to are

jobname.lub
jobidentity.lub
NPCIdentity.lub

also ofc need the files in right part of the grf

I've done that (just did it again to be sure nothing new was changed since the last time I attempted it), to no avail. The monster can be spawned, but cannot be targeted and displays as a Poring as before.

I'm sure there's gotta be a way to do it using the LUA coding; I'm just not experienced enough to figure it out myself, sadly.

19 minutes ago, Stolao said:

talked in discord a bit, seems this is a limitation of clients before a certain date in 2017, sometime after june at least

Will see what I can come up with when we update to a 2018 client. Thank you, Stolao! ❤️

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  796

Every monster looks like a poring on my new client two. I just used an old jobidentify_f.lua, jobname_f.lua and npcidentify_f.lua and it works fine. (2013 lua for 2017 client)

Rynbef~