Changing HIDDEN_NPC sprite

undzor

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2

Hi guys,

I was wondering if and how I could see a hidden_npc (ID: 111) by doing client-sided modifications. I tried changing the act/spr of it, changing the sprite it uses on jobname.lub tried changing its npcidentity.lub ID with another one from there but I cant just see it. I think there might be some script somewhere that always makes the ID: 111 renderless or something like that. I was wondering if it would be possible to add a shadow undernearth it changing the shadowtable.lub but it didnt work so I wasnt sure if that was handled on server-side of things.

Is there anyway around it?

Thanks in advance and hope I posted it in the right place ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 answers to this question

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3123

111 is designed to be hidden. If you want to see the NPC or give it a shadow, you can change it to another NPC sprite or use the shadow (black warp portal) sprite with ID 723 (1_SHADOW_NPC) or select one from the NPC list at http://nn.ai4rei.net

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2

12 hours ago, Akkarin said:

111 is designed to be hidden. If you want to see the NPC or give it a shadow, you can change it to another NPC sprite or use the shadow (black warp portal) sprite with ID 723 (1_SHADOW_NPC) or select one from the NPC list at http://nn.ai4rei.net

Thanks for the reply Akkarin.

I cant change it because I’m a client. I know its supposed to be hidden but I was wondering if I could change some lub’s or other files to work around that, kinda like changing the lub for different boss/mini-boss/regular lhz_bio mobs.

I guess this one has some special effect that makes it invisible regardless of what act I will give him, not sure where it specifies that but it wouldnt be on the client-side eh. Thats why I thought about giving it a shadow but I still dont know if they are controlled on the client or not.

I thought after this long of RO being around there would be a way to do something to see it. I guess its not possible then, eh?

Looking forward to an answer, thanks

Edited by undzor